2003 DT150 tilt/trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 DT150 tilt/trim

Used boat. I have two empty gauge spots on my dash. How do I find the Tilt/Trim sending unit on my 2003 DF150 ? I would like to install a new gauge if possible.

If someone could post a photo, it would be very helpful.
    Thanks. Bill

Take a look at Browns Point Marine web site, they have listing with all parts with illustrations for all models.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Billfo View Post
      Used boat. I have two empty gauge spots on my dash. How do I find the Tilt/Trim sending unit on my 2003 DF150 ? I would like to install a new gauge if possible.

Thanks. Bill
      Bill, are we talking about a 4 stroke Suzuki 150hp here, because I cant find a 2003 DF150 listed. The DT150 is listed and its a 2 stroke....?

On the DF models There is usually a 2 pin plug for sending trim/tilt data thru the harness to the helm. Take the cowl off, the plug can usually be found at the front of the engine tucked down below the edge of the lower cowl, it can be hard to find so have a really good look there. It may already be plugged into the harness.
      Last edited by Moonlighter; 10-27-2017, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Are you sure that's a 2003? Are you sure it's a DF150? Parts lists indicate the only 2003 150 was a two stroke, DT150. There is nothing shown that I can find indicating the presence of any trim sensor on a 2003 DT150. If it is a DF150, it must be 2006 or later, in which case, the sensor is on the inside of the right side clamp bracket. There's a two wire connector under the cowling on the left side of the motor that connects this sensor to the wiring harness.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Hi Grant!! How's retirement treatin' you?
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Dt150-df150

I understand why you are asking-I had a hard tine finding that as well. According to my paperwork it is a 2003. Seller listed as DF150 on one of their sheets. So thats a mistake. It is a 2003 2 stroke.

Originally posted by Harper View Post
            Are you sure that's a 2003? Are you sure it's a DF150? Parts lists indicate the only 2003 150 was a two stroke, DT150. There is nothing shown that I can find indicating the presence of any trim sensor on a 2003 DT150. If it is a DF150, it must be 2006 or later, in which case, the sensor is on the inside of the right side clamp bracket. There's a two wire connector under the cowling on the left side of the motor that connects this sensor to the wiring harness.

Comment

Hi Grant!! How's retirement treatin' you?
              Tough work Mike but someone’s gotta do it!

Comment

Haha....tel me about it! Been workin' on it and trying to get it right for 20 years now.
                Mike
                μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Bill, I honestly don't know if the DT150 has any capability for a trim gauge. I don't see any trim sensors in the parts diagram. I just changed the thread name to show it as a DT150, so someone who might know about THAT motor might not overlook the thread.
                  Last edited by Harper; 10-28-2017, 12:12 PM.
                  Mike
                  μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Bill, I honestly don't know if the DT150 has any capability for a trim gauge. I don't see any trim sensors in the parts diagram. I just changed the thread name to show it as a DT150, so someone who might know about THAT motor might not overlook the thread.
                    Thanks ! Never know. Not as critical as my oil gauge thread, but neither are earth shattering. Only interesting when its too cold to fish comfortably.

Comment

Changed Gauge all not working

I replaced my oil gauge with a new (old stock) exact replacement. All was plug & play. NOTHING worked on the old gauge. The new oil gauge partially works. The TEMP & REV warning lights operate, but NOT THE OIL LEVEL..

This weekend I will be tracing the wiring under the cowl hood. I would appreciate any suggestions where or what color wires trace to the oil level..There are about 6-8 colored wires. Don't now it they are all on one connector or if they split off. Again any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks. Bill

Comment

Dt 150 oil level guage

Check the oil level sending unit located inside your oil tank. The manual can tell you how to test it, simple ohms testing might work as well. If the sending unit isn't sending a signal, the guage won't show, check all connections to make sure they're clean.

Good luck with that. Post back how its going when able.

Comment

signal

Perfect suggestion. I will give that a try this weekend & report findings. Thanks.

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
                          Check the oil level sending unit located inside your oil tank. The manual can tell you how to test it, simple ohms testing might work as well. If the sending unit isn't sending a signal, the guage won't show, check all connections to make sure they're clean.

Good luck with that. Post back how its going when able.

Comment

Searching for a Manual

Looking for a manual that covers the 2003 DT150

I replaced my oil gauge with a new (old stock) exact replacement. All was plug & play. NOTHING worked on the old gauge. The new oil gauge partially works. The TEMP & REV warning lights operate, but NOT THE OIL LEVEL..

This weekend I will be tracing the wiring under the cowl hood. I would appreciate any suggestions where or what color wires trace to the oil level..There are about 6-8 colored wires. Don't now it they are all on one connector or if they split off. Again any help would be greatly appreciated !

Comment

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...l-73p63820.htm

try this
                              art

Comment

Working...
                              X