Part number change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part number change

Now I am looking to replace my non-working oem oil gauge. Looking all around the internet, I find old part number 34700-92e11 (which looks just like what I have) and new part number 34701-92x50 (which also looks just like what I have. The difference is one is about 20 bucks &. the newer one is around $100.

Anyone have a database to verify if part number 34700-92e11 was replaced with 34701-92x50.

2003 DT150 (15003371377)

Attached is a photo of my non working gauge.
    Attached Files

the the parts page (at the top of this page) it shows your part being replaced by 34701-92x50
    however you look up that part number and click on the description and it tells you the part is obsolete and is not showing a replacement
    So in cases like this - I call the parts department which I think you will find on the contact us link
    I have found they are very helpful
    Art

Comment

Originally posted by artdf175 View Post
      the the parts page (at the top of this page) it shows your part being replaced by 34701-92x50
      however you look up that part number and click on the description and it tells you the part is obsolete and is not showing a replacement
      So in cases like this - I call the parts department which I think you will find on the contact us link
      Art
      Never noticed that up there on top. I better take the time & really look this forum over good. Lots of information.. Thanks.

Comment

btw, thanks. One has been shipped to me. It will be nice to see how much oil I have w/o having to lift the cowl & look. In 3 years, got the low oil beep twice. Something new is always fun for a while.

Originally posted by artdf175 View Post
        Art

Comment

The more expensive priced one might have the sending sensor that is mounted inside the oil tank that reads the level of oil in the tank? That might be the difference in price? I believe the manual tells you how to ohm test your sensor. You should do that to find out of your sending unit is at fault.

Good luck. Post back how its going, when able, to let us know what you find out.

Comment

Well that was CLOSE but no cigar.

I replaced the gauge- all wires were exact. Still does not work. Now, when I start the motor, on the new gauge the Rev & temp lights briefly and goes out ( as it should). BUT NONE of the oil level lights come on-ever. As suggested- sensor issue, but the low oil level alarm will still come on when I got low on oil. The BEEEEP & the engine rpm went into the imp home mode. So I think the sensor is working fine to protect the motor. So I am confused what the oil level indicator is not working. So here is what I do know.

The sensor works.
            The hight temp warning light works.
            The over rev warning works.

Where I go from here is a mystery to me. The boat is on the lift so I can look around. I need to get a manual. 2003 150

Comment

The low oil sensor is usually the flow switch sensor between the tank and pump. The float level sensor is inside the tank, this sensor reads the level of oil inside the tank, and you should test that sensor, and its connections to the guage before spending any more money.

Post back what you find out. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X