2005 DF140 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
    If you got it to screw in a few turns and it is tight leave it, if your thermostat is working correctly it will come down below 1 volt at operating temp.
    Thanks for all the help red. I hooked it up to SDS and could only see temperature not voltage. Do you know how I can access the voltage? I did see my engine was hovering at 107 degrees after 15 mins so I pulled the thermostat and it was stuck open.

Also is there anyway to reset the oil change alarm on SDS instead of the kill switch? Kill switch itself works but not sure why it doesnt kill the motor. I think broken wire in harness.

Comment

Can only reset oil change via the kill switch. Not via SDS. Suggest that you’ll need to fix that wiring…

Comment

Im gonna give it a whirl! I looked up a bunch of forums about it but never did get it to work. Leaves me thinking its broken somewhere under the deck.

Also thank you Red for all the help. I was able to see my thermostat wasnt functioning correctly and was stuck open.

Comment

Hey Red is there any reason why it seems like my charging issue has been fixed? My chart plotter now says it’s charging almost continuously at 13.8-14.1 volts I’ve never seen that before it was always 12.8 charging then batteries would isolate immediately. All I’ve done is install temp sensor and replaced thermostat that was stuck open

Comment

The temp sensor does not ground through the cyl head, it should have nothing to do with the charging system. the computer sends out 5 volts it goes through the sensor and grounds internally pin 11 sensor ground with other sensors. your temp sensor would still work even if was suspended in mid air it just would not reflect the the true voltage being sent to the computer.
            What I mean is as the temperature of the engine increases the resistance of the sensor decreases, so being screwed into the head all that heat will go into the sensor dropping the voltage below 1 volt at operating temp.

So probably before with the sensor just sitting in the hole and the thermostat stuck open the voltage going to the computer would have been over 1 volt. All that means the engine would be running richer than it is.

Comment

Working...
            X