Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New motor 250 Suzuki fly by wire - running over 4500rpms at times dropping to 3000rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New motor 250 Suzuki fly by wire - running over 4500rpms at times dropping to 3000rpm

My new motor has 200hrs on it. When running over 4500 rpm for extended it time the motor loses rpms it drops sharply- If I keep the throttle engaged it will cycle back up-
    So it seems that every time it does this it drops to exactly 3000rpm Is this some sort of safe mode?

Things I have changed fuel filter, water separator- Checked VST tank and its clean

Someone else said that it could be a voltage issue -something about a white wire
    No Codes or alarms are happening

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...-power-failure

Comment

Okay that explains the white wire - I noticed some corrosion on my battery - and I had too many grounds on the negative side in my opinion. Could this lead to to a change in voltage at higher rpms which could cause the
      ECU to lower RPMS into safe mode- Also is it a know problem on recent Fly by wire controls? There are many people on a different site that share this experience- Thanks for the help

Comment

Usually with wiring issues that lead to low voltage will throw multiple random codes, you are not getting codes. When you start your engine is the tachometer going thru it’s self check where all the warning lights light up for a few seconds and the tachometer needle moves to indicate engine hours? 3000RPMs is the number for safe mode but you should be getting a code. Number of grounds shouldn’t matter as long the grounds are clean and free from corrosion. If you search surging on this forum you might get some ideas, sorry I couldn’t be more help.

Comment

Just the heads up - I am told from Suzuki that its a communication issue with the new 2.0 fly by wire control- They are coming to dealer to re-flash ECU- Its random and unusual but it is a known problem by them-

Comment

Mine appears to be fixed at the moment -

Comment

Suzuki fixed problem - communication error with the FLY by wire 2.0 control and motor- you will not get an error code though- only in 175hp and up- This post is for reference only-

Comment

Can you give more info on how they solved the issue, what the fix involved, and anything else that might assist others?

Did Suzuki issue a Service Bulletin which they typically do when a issue arises that dealers should know about, and which details how to diagnose that it is actually the issue, and then sets out the rectification procedure? If you ask your dealer they might even give you the Service Bulletin number, which would be really useful to know.

Comment

Working...
                X