DF25T shift linkage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF25T shift linkage

I have a 2003 DF25 with remote tilt/trim. I'm trying to understand the shift linkage a little better & have been searching through the parts diagrams trying to find the end of the cable (with turnbuckle/barrel nut) that connects to the shift rod. The turnbuckle is shown on the shift rod diagram but I don't see where the cable is routed or how the turnbuckle is connected.

Which diagram should I be looking at? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    Last edited by TxAg66; 11-07-2017, 05:17 PM.
    ---
    John

it is related to the page: Outboard OPT:REMOCON PARTS SET Diagram and Parts
    however that is not really going to help much
    as I suggested on your previos post- you need to get the service manual
    The Forum, today, put a “sticky” at the top of this page to assist you in finding the correct manual for your engine
    Art

Comment

Originally posted by artdf175 View Post
      it is related to the page: Outboard OPT:REMOCON PARTS SET Diagram and Parts
      however that is not really going to help much
      as I suggested on your previos post- you need to get the service manual
      The Forum, today, put a “sticky” at the top of this page to assist you in finding the correct manual for your engine
      Art
      Art, thanks. The sticky is a great idea but, here's the rub: I already *have* an official DF 25/30 Suzuki manual (p/n 99500-89J03-01E) and it makes -0- reference to the REMOCON PARTS SET. I do notice that my manual is different than the one listed in the sticky (99500-97J00-01E) so maybe that manual is more comprehensive. I'll have a go at it and maybe will have better luck.

I'm trying, Art. I'm trying! :-)

Edit: The boats.net label for that part # shows it to be for a DF 2.5 .. not a DF 25. I checked on another site and it is indeed for the DF 25/30. I'll give boats.net a call tomorrow to confirm. 2.5? 25? What the hell .. it's only one decimal point, right? LOL
      Last edited by TxAg66; 11-07-2017, 11:47 PM.
      ---
      John

Comment

John
        I am hearing you.. you didn't mention you had the manual..
        your book part number is correct..
        I emailed the folks here that 91-2008 books numbers were wrong
        so will see what they can come up with for a correction...

Now.. someplace in the manual.. should be a step by step instruction on how to take it apart or how it fits together.
        from memory trying to visualize the connector.. seems like it is a pretty simple connection
        I had to take part of mine apart recently to route a new engine interface cable that needed to come through the fitting where the throttle/shift cables are and there is a clamp like fitting that holds these cables securely ..
        in the manualslib.com ==page 265 of the manual in the wire/hose routing shows the cables..
        to remove the cables.. there is the fitting on the end of the cable that snaps over the ball joint connection.. pull the fitting off the ball joint, loosen the nut and unscrew the end if needed.. probably don't need to take that off however if trying to get to the other part that broke..
        someplace in the manual should be a page or two on the part that broke.. just don't have resources here to look further..
        Art

look at pages 99-101
        Last edited by artdf175; 11-08-2017, 02:22 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Art, thanks. Am on the road now but should be able to check further in a few hrs. Thx again. Will post back what I learn.
          ---
          John

Comment

Originally posted by artdf175 View Post

/.. snipped to here .. /

in the manualslib.com ==page 265 of the manual in the wire/hose routing shows the cables..

/.. more snips .. /

look at pages 99-101
            Yep .. 99-101 looks like what I'm after. It just didn't occur to me to look under "fuel system" for clutch/shift linkage info, but there it is. So, thanks! Do I have something broken? Don't think so, although I have to work like the devil to get the barrel nut tightened down enough to get it to shift forward-neutral-reverse so it seems like something ain't right.

I was thinking the cable running from the remote runs directly down to the barrel nut (turnbuckle) but it looks like it goes to an arm & that drives the clutch rod up & down. I'll pull the side off & check further. As I say, this was mostly an educational exercise so I'm sorry for putting you to so much trouble.

Thanks for manualslib.com, too. I wasn't aware of that.
            ---
            John

Comment

John. you are welcome
              the ‘broken’ was part of another post I was working with at the same time
              post back if you don’t get the problem resolved
              there are a lot of good people on good forum
              Art

Comment

John, are you having problems shifting your motor?
                Post what problems you are having, and give your motor info. There are hundreds/ if not many more, of owners, and others at this forum, that may have experienced your same problem.

There are a few owners that have had related problems shifting thier motors. It could be related to the same bushing that gave these owners problems.

Good luck, post back when able, to let us know how, or what you find out.

Comment

Working...
                X