Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If not Suzuki, what would your seecond choice be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If not Suzuki, what would your seecond choice be?

If Suzuki was your second choice, please explain. Dealer, Price Availability?
    Yamaha
    66.67%
    Mercury
    0%
    Honda
    16.67%
    Tohatsu
    0%
    BRP/Evinrude
    0%
    Suzuki was my second choice
    16.67%

I have had great luck with Yamaha and Suzuki. And both local Dealers. Both Dealers had a Boat for my Package, but the Suzuki Dealer seemed to be more interested in selling me something. Price was second, and My Dealer also offered Mercury (not on my list) and Honda (considered) but past Suzuki expeirence, Outboard, ATV and Motorcycle, won out.

Comment

Was looking to upgrade boat/motor (Mercury) that came with the cabin. Didn’t even realize Suzuki made outboard engines until I started looking around. I’ve had excellent luck with Japanese engines. Currently own a log splitter, water pump, ATV and a recently purchased a used 9.9 outboard all powered by Honda. Honda would be my first choice if I was in need of an engine to power pretty much anything. That being said, I sure like my 2009 DF90A!

Comment

I have had Yamaha, Tohatsu and a couple of Suzukis.

All have been great motors.

Perhaps the most underrated was the Tohatsu. It was a TLD90 direct injected 2 stroke, it sipped fuel and was totally reliable for the 5 years I owned it. I bumped into the fellow who bought my boat with that motor on it last year, the Toey was still going strong at 17 years or age, he said he had no issues since buying it from me.

I wouldn’t touch a ETEC with a 10 ft barge pole. Too many people I know who have had them have had expensive problems, multiple times.

I would be happy to take a new Yammy, Honda or Tohatsu if I couldn’t get a Suzuki when I needed a new motor, or if the $ deal was significantly better.

Comment

It's a little different when you buy a new boat, already rigged with motor. However, that changes when you re-power. There are a number of things that need consideration before purchase. Just made the Suzuki purchase and Honda was 2nd.
          I understand now why Blazer Bay, equipped their 2020 (20'-2") with a DF140. It came down to weight. When you put 50 gallons of gas and two men and starter battery and 3 200 amp/hr marine batteries under the console for trolling motor and a power pole. Now you have to consider what level the scuppers are after you add the motor. Two fatties in the back of my boat had water up to the edge of the drain. Hands down it was weight!
          Yamaha doesn't do a 140 and their 150 is over #200+. Honda does a 140 but it's over 130 pounds more weight.
          I will add that the dealer had the motor and said he loves the new 140's, praised their power. BTW, they said my old motor was just shy of 2000 hrs. I guess I could have waited another season, but why?
          Well, nuff said. I'm waiting with great anticipation.

Comment

I misquoted weights of Honda and Yamaha
            they are both around #60 heavier. Duh

Comment

Working...
            X