check engine light and safe mode only when idling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check engine light and safe mode only when idling

hey susuki owners - recently, i had an issue where when i have the motor running in my slip and im getting my gear ready my boat will throw a check engine light and go into safe mode - i have to turn off ignition and restart and i pull out if i go to slow it sometimes happens again - once im running, it doesnt happen for the rest of my trip - this leads me to beleive its some sort of water flow issue and im not getting enough water through at resting RPM - i recently changed my thermostats, but im suspicous maybe i need to replace my water pump...any thoughts on this?

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...agnostic-codes

This any help? Year and model of your engine?

Comment

How long is it since the water pump was last serviced? Both in engine hours and length of time?

Comment

2018 DF250 - i have not changed the water pump since i got the boat which was a season and a half ago - and roughly 150 hours ago - so it definitely needs to be changed. I just picked a pump up this morning - i change thermostats earlier this year when the boat was overheating at high RPMs and that fixed that issue. - will say other than that this motor is very reliable - and these issues are more self induced than anything most likely Over hours on the motor at 360

Comment

Originally posted by Marc123w View Post
          2018 DF250 - i have not changed the water pump since i got the boat which was a season and a half ago - and roughly 150 hours ago - so it definitely needs to be changed. I just picked a pump up this morning - i change thermostats earlier this year when the boat was overheating at high RPMs and that fixed that issue. - will say other than that this motor is very reliable - and these issues are more self induced than anything most likely Over hours on the motor at 360
          Ok, do the full water pump kit replacement, not just the impeller.

You would be well advised to drop the leg annually regardless, to clean and grease the drive shaft splines so they dont get jammed. Makes sense to put the water pump kit in at the same time.
          Last edited by Moonlighter; 10-07-2022, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X