1987 dt 85 suzuki outboard kill switch wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 dt 85 suzuki outboard kill switch wiring

I bought new ignition/ keys/ has the kill switch attached kill switch has black and green wire need diagram to show me how to get this wired up and kill switch to work. ignition starts I have white to white green to green brown to brown grey to grey black is the ground the engine starts but I do not know how to connect the kill switch?

Should connect to same wires your original kill switch was wired to?

Good luck.

Comment

thread 1987 dt 85 kill switch wiring

old kill switch and wiring missing.I have had to re wire a lot had a hundred wires that didn't go to anything under the center console. I picked up the boat cheap for a little bit of fishing. I am retired. I looked for bran new harnesses or used but not abused and could not find any could not find any oems for it either. They had cut all the plugs off the harness. so any help would be great.

Comment

i would suggest getting a service manual
        there should be a number of pages that you will find that contain wiring diagrams and the color coding
        Art

Comment

1987 dt 85 kill switch wiring

Thanks Art, I have one but so far no luck. going to have to try a different wire off the ignition. I hope it is not the kill switch as it is a bran new ignition.
          Thanks anyway.

Comment

I don’t have your manual but this is what you may look for

off the back of the ignition switch there is either one or two green wires
            one green goes to the wire harness the 2nd to the kill switch
            the black off the back of the ignition switch also goes to the harness
            the wiring diagram indicates a second black spliced into that one then goes to the black wire on the kill switch
            that make sense i to you?

Art

Comment

Working...
            X