Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF140 Oil Filter

Hi

I am trying to source an original oil filter for my DF140 and can’t seem to source one in the Uk only in the US.

Does anyone know of a dealer?
    Part number 16510-82703
    Thanks

I'm not sure if you want to try a different brand than the Suzuki OEM filter, but if so, here is the cross reference for that Suzuki part number. http://www.oilfilter-crossreference....vert/Wix/51360
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mike, that’s really useful.

I’m unsure about using an alternative compared to an original as I’ve read that some alternatives can be constructed differently inside and could therefore lead to problems.

Do you have any experience of using an alternative?
      Cheers

Comment

Personally I'd try to find a Suzuki oil filter, there has been reports of after market filters leaking. What ever you decide check and double check for leaks around the base of the filter.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post
          Personally I'd try to find a Suzuki oil filter, there has been reports of after market filters leaking. What ever you decide check and double check for leaks around the base of the filter.
          It seems a lot of Suzuki part numbers have been superseded by a new ones, which kind of explains the difficulty

Comment

Originally posted by Viperman View Post
            Thanks for the reply Mike, that’s really useful.

I’m unsure about using an alternative compared to an original as I’ve read that some alternatives can be constructed differently inside and could therefore lead to problems.

Do you have any experience of using an alternative?
            Cheers
            Personally, I use the Amsoil filter. But I also use Amsoil full synthetic marine oil. BTW that list is outdated as to the Amsoil part number. It's now EA15K09, instead of EAO09. It's the only non-Suzuki filter I've used, but has never leaked.
            Mike
            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by Viperman View Post
              It seems a lot of Suzuki part numbers have been superseded by a new ones, which kind of explains the difficulty
              Be careful though, DF140's have 2 different filters, The 140A doesn't have an Oil Cooler, which allows for a deeper filter to fit. Either will work, but a bigger filter has more filtering ability.

Comment

Working...
              X