DF50 woodruff key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF50 woodruff key

I believe I may have a sheared key. The manual shows a special tool is needed to remove the flywheel, do you know what this tool does and can I use something else to remove the flywheel? running rough, overheating, and ckp errors,, thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Might help if you gave a little info on what you have? Also what started this problem (a little history?). Yes, I can see it's a DF50, what year, approx hours running? Did you hit anything, did the motor backfire when all this started happening? When was last serviced?
    Try to help us understand (the other side of this screen).

Good luck, post back on what you have.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I figured out how to get the flywheel off, it wasn't the key., its a 2002, 200 hours. I did change the impeller, pretty sure I got it back together right., no motor backfire,haven't hit anything. been serviced regularly, don't get out much, thought it might be bad gas, so emptied tank, ran some seafoam through it, changed all filters. Last time out it started ok but would die when put in gear. Going to replace thermostat, waiting on it to arrive. After that I'm not sure, maybe take the lower end off again and check impeller. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comment

Why dont you detail exactly what is happening and under what conditions? Eg the symptoms being experienced.

Thats going to be far more useful to figuring out the problem than jumping to speculative solutions for an unknown problem.

All we know so far is that sometimes the engine stalls when being put into gear. The relevance of the impeller changed to that issue is doubtful at best!

Comment

Thankyou for the reply, As soon as i get my thermostat installed I'll run it in a big bin and let you know how its running. Its very kind of you folks to give your time and expertise.

Comment

See my post on Run gas out of motor, this was the followup, again thanks to everyone who responded.

Comment

Working...
            X