No announcement yet.

Upgrading to Suzuki C10 gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignore the engine year and hp settings in the configuration page. They are auto detected and cant be changed as you have discovered.

I think that I may know what the problem is, probably the penny should have dropped earlier… you said these engines are 2012, which is right on the cutoff for when they changed the engine harnesses to enable digital data to be sent to the interface cables when connected behind the dash.

For some reason on earlier harnesses they didnt allow this. My old 2010 DF115 was like that.

The solution is easier and cheaper in this case than replacing the whole harness. Given the issues you’ve had, this is what I would do. Doing this removes any chance that the existing harness etc can cause problems.

You simply make up what is called an SDS adapter cable and plug it into the SDS plug on the engine, run it back through the rigging tube and up to the dash, and plug the interface cable into the other end. Do this for each engine, they both need one such cable.

You can easily make up this adapter cable yourself. I made mine and so have many others. How to is explained in the paper attached to the sticky thread on Suzuki networking at the top of this forum page. You should be able to source the Sumitomo plugs needed locally to make the cable. The wire needed is nothing very special either.

Here is a link
    https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...a2000-networks

Also your expectations of what data the engines send arent correct. This is the list of data that the engine sends via the interface cable:

RPM, alternator voltage, engine temperature, engine hours, trim, fuel flow rate, fuel used, seasonal fuel used, trip fuel used. Thats all.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 03-14-2023, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks Monnlighter,that is a great help with making your own sds cables as the ones i looked up online,they look to short plus there's now way i'll be able to pull the plugs through the rigging tubes,hopefully i'll be able to just pull the wires through without taking anything apart.just out of interest,im going to try and bypass the harness on one engine,power up a few backbones, and plug an interface cable and c10 directly on the sds plug on the engine, hopefully that should show all of my data
      Thanks again,i'll let you know how i get on

Comment

I just had a quick look at the SDS plug, something i've noticed which is a bit worrying, but i hope im wrong,there's only 3 wires and 3 pins coming off the engine, green,blue,pink and obviously the interface cable has 4 wires coming off,maybe this is normal as there is 4 wires on the main harness,my original digital mfd worked fine off the 3 wires showing all date

Comment

2F3D416F-B25C-48BF-81A6-D72AD0F4D766.jpegD081C7A6-AD6E-4C5F-BDE0-B680097D1A39.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by JYAK.. View Post
            I just had a quick look at the SDS plug, something i've noticed which is a bit worrying, but i hope im wrong,there's only 3 wires and 3 pins coming off the engine, green,blue,pink and obviously the interface cable has 4 wires coming off,maybe this is normal as there is 4 wires on the main harness,my original digital mfd worked fine off the 3 wires showing all date
            Normal. Only 3 wires needed. Batt +, Batt -, and Data.

Comment

I did managed to plugged the interface cable directly into the sds plug,got power to the backbone,plugged the c10 in,but for the some reason in the setup it's not picking up the interface cable which is strange considering it does pick it up at the dashboard end

Comment

Working...
              X