2021 df300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 df300

My 2 older Duracell batteries kicked the bucket this week, starting my search I read that the owner's manual specifies batteries with:

Minimum 800 CCA or 1000 MCA, or 180 Reserve Capacity or 130 AH.

Well, it's difficult to find a battery with all these specifications that's less than a $1k! I settled on the Odyssey ODX-AGM34M (PC1500) with 1050 MCA which runs for less than $400. I just installed them and will upgrade the existing NOCO 5x2 (5 amps, 2 channels) to a 10x2 unit to ensure they're always well maintained. I'll update y'all from time to time as to how it's going.

Crazy money for batteries. I just replaced a small battery for my Honda ATV, MSPR was $184, two years ago they where less than $80. Usually only get 2 winters out of them before replacing so now the battery come out of the cold and into the house. A PIA but at that price I suffer cold fingers.

Comment

Thats mad battery prices.

I can get a really good quality marine battery here that meets those specs for less than Au $280…..

Comment

Yep, the price of lead has more than tripled these past few years. Odyssey does guarantee that they're using 99% pure lead, non-recycled, many other manufacturers use recycled lead and can sell their products cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Nestor PR View Post
          Yep, the price of lead has more than tripled these past few years. Odyssey does guarantee that they're using 99% pure lead, non-recycled, many other manufacturers use recycled lead and can sell their products cheaper.
          Nice bit of marketing BS from Odyssey right there!

Just a way to fool consumers into paying a premium for their products.

Lead is 100% recyclable and it doesn’t lose any of its properties when recycled. It can be recycled again and again and again ad infinitum. The end product is identical to the stuff that comes out of the ground.
          Last edited by Moonlighter; 01-25-2023, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Sorry, my reading mistake. Like Moonlighter said, lead is 100% recyclable, what they guarantee is that their plates are made of 99% pure lead, where many other companies use lead alloys to save on weight, and cost, of course. We'll see how they compare against the marine Duracells that came out of the boat. However, I've already seen a difference in how the engine cranks with the extra amps, mush stronger and quicker so that already is an advantage.

Comment

Working...
            X