DF90A reset oil light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF90A reset oil light

When the reminder light starts to blink i have no problem resetting it to stop the flashing light. My question is, is there a way to reset the next 100 hours after i do the actual oil change? Seems i'm always on an extended trip when the light starts to flash and I don't like the light flashing at me so i do the reset then and put a batch of hours on the internal timer. Thanks for any advise

from what I understand the timer is built in with no adjustments

best thing I can suggest is keep a log book
    full maintence records of everything you do and trip by trip-
    my logs are by trip. Hours on the hour meter at the end of each outing
    who I took with me. how the catch was. fuel used etc etc

update: when you preform the reset function you reset the 100 hour timer
    so I can make this recommendation upon changing the oil change reminder be resetting it a second time

Art
    Last edited by artdf175; 11-26-2017, 01:03 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

7) To reset oil change reminder system’s operation time
      to zero (cancellation).

Oil Change Reminder System Description

This system informs the operator that it is time to change
      the ENGINE OIL based on the recommended
      maintenance schedule.
      When the total motor operating hours has reached the
      pre-programmed hours, the “OIL” lamp will flash, and the
      buzzer will begin a series of double beeps if the engine
      is not running (but ignition switch is “ON”)
      The above mentioned indication will repeat until the
      activated system is manually canceled.

From 2009 DF90A service manual. The 7) comment indicates that once the Oil Reminder is reset the clock is reset back to 100 hours. The next quote Suzuki uses the word "preprogrammed" indicating that at 20, 80 and every 100 hours the reminder system will activate. I think by resetting the oil reminder system you are also resetting the 100 hour clock but not 100% sure since I found the word "preprogrammed". "Preprogrammed" could also refer to the operator resetting the oil reminder system?

Comment

the oil change reminder does not have to be on to reset it. every time you reset it it will start over again to the next 100 hour's.
        the only thing is that the ECM store's the number of reminder resets so if you do it the way you discribe you get twice the number of reset's to the number of real oil change's. but who care's

Comment

Thank you guys for the suggestions and info. I will change oil and do the reset as well as keep better track of actual hours on the hour meters. This site is very helpful and i hope someday i can help someone also.

Comment

Working...
          X