1-1 Beep Code Voltage Regulator- DF140 QUESTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-1 Beep Code Voltage Regulator- DF140 QUESTION

Not sure if anyone commented on Joes problem with 1-1 code? My question is if that 1-1 code and engine light is intermittent? Meaning, does the 1 code beep come and go... I had this problem..
    If there was a voltage issue... Could the alarm come and go? If this is the case, could it be a simple as poor connection or ground? A loose wire? My check engine light came on ( w/ the 1-1 beep code)
    and then went off... Not too complicate things but coincidentally happen to re-set my oil change due light the same day. The re-set was successful, but I am thinking that had nothing to do with the 1-1 error code prior to that. Anyway, I have not inspected the regulator, or ground wires, etc...The check engine and beep code just mysteriously stopped. I drove it 2 miles home. Started fine, no more beep code or check engine light..
    Is this because the voltage is OK (for now)??? If I was to fire up the motor, run it good and get bouncing around for a few miles will the engine light and beep code return?

THANK YO

Had the same thing happen to me over the course of a couple of summers. Check all wiring as you mentioned. Check battery voltage when the alarm comes on. I had a portable generator cable that had an A/C plug at one end and a pair of alligator clips on the other. Hook up the alligator clip to the battery and use a multimeter to measure voltage on the A/C plug. This saves you the hassle of getting to the battery which are usually hidden away. I was getting 13.3V to 17.3V. If your Regulator/Rectifier is starting to fail the frequency of alarms will increase, at least mine did. It’s an easy replacement but fairly costly. There is a test procedure for the Regulator/Rectifier using a special Suzuki tool but if yours is throwing high voltage (like mine was)at your battery then it’s toast.

Comment

Working...
    X