Broken Cowling On Top Of Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Cowling On Top Of Motor

I have a 2015 df175 and broke the cowling covering the motor. I've been looking around today and it looks like if I have to get new it's going to cost me around $1500 to replace. EBay had a couple options but not much and one of the ones for sale has a crack in it as well. Looking for any possible leads on used replacement engine cowlings if possible.

Auto body shop?

Comment

+1 on the auto body shop idea. There are some serious wizards out there who can work some real magic on fiberglass. You'll be the only one who knows it was ever damaged.
      ---
      John

Comment

Called reglassing

I had something strike my motor cover, as well. A boat fiberglass shop "reglassed" it. A little black spray paint. Viola. 100$

Comment

Unfortunately, your profile does not indicate your location. If you were near me, I could refer you to a superb fiberglass shop that has done beautiful work on my Whaler.
          2003 Johnson/Suzuki 90 bolted to a Boston Whaler 17 Super Sport Limited

Comment

The newer hoods aren't fiberglass, they are some sort of plastic,not sure fiberglass will bond to it.

Comment

Working...
            X