Connecting throttle and shift cables.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting throttle and shift cables.

I am trying to figure out why my motor will not shift into fwd and reverse. I just bought new cable and hooked them up. In the yard it shifts fine but as soon as i put it in the water it will not engage. if i touch it a hair with scewdriver it will shift. It is like the cables arent pushing/pulling them far enough. I have tried everything and it shifts in the yard but will not in the actual water. I bought longer ends and adjusted in the box and on motor. I am clueless as to what could be causing it. It needs just a hair more to go in reverse, but when i extend it, it holds it up from going in fwd now.
    Motor is a 2004 4 stroke 90.
    Am i missing something?

My non suzuki control levers have different holes you can attach the cables to that adjust the cable throw ,also there screw in and out adjustments.

Comment

Put the shifter in neutral. Go back to the engine and put the forward / reverse shifter lever in neutral. Adjust the cable to fit the nob on the lever.The ends of each cable have a screwed adjustment with a small nut that locks them in place.Loosen that nut and make the adjustment to fit the nob.Should be a black plastic adjustment arm with a clip holding it on the nob.

Comment

A13DCD25-436E-46D7-AF34-22E85C261CD5.jpeg
        Attached Files

Comment

3169BDD2-7C6C-4D5B-B3C3-8EA76F8AE425.jpeg

Comment

A42116ED-B8FB-41C4-92B1-263E4866EBC7.jpeg

Comment

63ECF270-0F23-4E0C-840F-1C021CC333CE.jpeg Sorry about the multiple post, last time I tried combining a few screenshots the post was held up until the powers to be approved it. From 2009 Setup manual DF70A-90A, not 2004 but I hope it helps

Comment

Working...
              X