Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF250AP rectifier problem?

Hi all,

2015 DF250AP not charging. Pretty well battery voltage at idle and only goes to 12.8v at revs. Also noted that my battery seems to drain quicker when engine is off (this may of also been because it wasnt charging throughout the day).

Does anyone have a manual that they can share the info on checking the regulator? From my tests so far it is a suspect. Positive bias i get the expected .52v but reverse Im getting .9 which i believe should be OL? Apparently though rectifiers with regulator built in this is not always the case? The rectifier/regulators arent cheap either so i dont realy want to just take a punt and buy one.

Cheers.

When mine started to act up (2009 DF90A) I was getting a code 1:1 (overcharging). With the engine running at various rpms I was measuring big swings in to voltage output as high as 17 volts(measured at the battery). My manual called for a special tool to check the regulator/rectifier which I don’t have, I tried Googling how to test with a common volt/ohm meter and had no luck. If you are near a Suzuki shop I’d suggest you take the regulator/rectifier in and have them test it with their “special tool”. My battery wasn’t charging either. Yes they are expensive, mine was $444 Canadian plus shipping. It’s interesting to note that my service manual only talks about overcharging, no mention of undercharging or not charging at all. All I can suggest is checking the plug into the regulator/rectifier for corrosion/loose pin/broken wire.

Comment

Cheers for the reply. Im in Australia....we seem to pay double here for outboard parts than USA. I havent even called my Suzuki dealer yet . Will run a few more tests at home first. But good idea about removing it and taking it to dealer.

Comment

Can anyone confirm if the 2 x units on the engine is 1 x for cranking battery and the other for aux charging?

Comment

https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki...-ignition-coil

https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki...-ignition-coil

First link has one regulator /rectifier the second link has two depending upon your VIN #.

Comment

Ok I found the issue. Seeing the two rectifier/regulators got me thinking and traced back the wiring where I found that there was only a fuse in the optional socket with a blanking plug in the standard. I swapped them over and now charges at 14.5v. I assume a fuse only goes in one or the other and previous owner used the additional charging wire?
            Only negative now is I reckon ive lost .1l per km ....better than a flat battery

Comment

Glad you got it sorted out

Comment

Working...
              X