Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 DF60AV, missing trim/tilt sensor, what do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 DF60AV, missing trim/tilt sensor, what do I need?

Motor: 06003F-710451 DF60AV

Issue: Trim Angle Sensor

Hey there,

I am helping a friend here with his Suzuki DF60AV in Mexico, his motor has been beeping at him for years and he had no idea why… I hooked up my SDS diag software to it and found he had a Trim Angle Sensor error, digging into the motor a bit more I discovered his trim angle sensor plug hanging loose.

Loose Trim Angle Sensor Plug and Plug Wires:

I hunted around for the other end of the connection and it appears that the previous owner removed the trim sensor angle sensor altogether, leaving nothing but the upper/lower cam bracket behind.

Just to confirm that I was working with the right plug, I jumped a 1.5v AA battery from the plugs White/Yellow signal wire and ground and the alarm instantly stopped, so I do believe I am on the right track here.

Now, I am trying to figure out what all I need to order to get him sorted. I am comparing the parts diagram from Brownspoint, https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...il.asp?ID=9749

From the looks of it, all he has left is the upper and lower cam brackets, which means he will need at least all these parts to get it functioning again. Am I missing anything? Its hard to find any photos of this assembly online outside of the parts diagrams to see how it all actually works.

I also cannot find a decent photo of the plug end of the trim angle sensor 34840-98J11 to confirm it is the same 3-pin connector that I need, does anyone happen to have this sensor and could check for me? Also, his trim works just fine without this sensor… so I am wondering if it can just be bypassed altogether? When I send 1.5v to the sensor, the beeping does stop, but the trim will only go up and not down.

I am also wondering if I am missing a cable/harness that I need to go between the sensor and that loose plug that I found.

Any help will be much appreciated!
    Attached Files

Looks reasonable to me however I’ve never had to mess with the trim/tilt sensor.

Comment

Working...
    X