DF90 doesn't rotate by hand past 110 degrees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF90 doesn't rotate by hand past 110 degrees

My DF90 has sat for 4 or 5 years. No issues with it prior to going idle. I am now bringing it back to operational status and going slow to ensure I don't break anything. After fogging the cylinders for 24 hours, I am able to rotate the flywheel manually, but only around 110 degrees before it contacts 'something' and won't go any further. It encounters another stop 110 degrees in the opposite direction. The lower unit has been pulled with no change. The valves have been inspected from the top side, and internally with a borescope, with no apparent issues. I really don't suspect any crankcase issues as everything still looks clean, and for the range that it does rotate, it moves smoothly. Is there anything that I'm missing?

You might use a plastic drinking straw in each cylinder (with plugs removed) while turning flywheel by hand back and forth, to verify if all pistons are moving in and out properly. If any piston is not moving, then you might have a serious problem? With all plugs removed all pistons should move freely in and back out fully. The only restriction should be the valves and camshafts. If it is still locking up at the same 110° movement, you should check with your Suzuki mechanic as to what might be going on?

You have checked the flywheel, and starter bendix to make sure nothing is locking up there?

Good luck, post back on what you find out.

Comment

Working...
    X