Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never hit the rev limiter at 6200?

Comment

The only time I've ever hit the rev limiter was on our intiial prop tests when I bought the rig new in 2016. It went off twice when the prop blew out and those showed up on the computer the 1st time it was plugged up at the dealer. I think the limiter is set higher than 6200. I'm trying to prop it for max holeshot and mid-range at less than 6000 rpm with a load since as fishing guide on KY/Barkley Lakes, I often carry 3-4 passengers.

Comment

Limiter is somewhere up around 6500, hit it a couple times on a blow out, same 140a.. Normal op range on these is 5800-6200. Give some thought to something like a Solas 4 blade. I switched to a 4 blade solas from a stock suzy 3 blade. 17 for 17 on a pontoon. Hole shot way up (these motors have lots anyway) and mid range noticeably smoother. Expected to lose top end but gained 2mph and 200rpm (now 6200/6300 light load) so next season I'll try a 19 4 blade. Being a pontoon I rarely run it full so the 4 is great to cruise, but I'd be happier pulling it down closer to 6K or less

Comment

Working...
        X