89 DT 65 HP Carb fuel line hook up repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 DT 65 HP Carb fuel line hook up repair

I am looking to repair the cracked leaking plastic fuel line hookups on the carburetors. I have found that many other carburetors manufacturers have used plastic parts and offer replace parts as they are a weak link in the design.
    I have not found anything for Suzuki, but think some of the other parts might be made to work. I sure do not wish to replace a motor for the lack of a $10.00 part.
    I have not removed one of the brass inserts yet so I'm not sure of it's size.
    Last edited by GarGar; 12-14-2017, 02:26 PM.

take it appart and make or buy it from brass or aloy. or look at the scrap yard.

Comment

I probably will!!!

But Suzuki should have a repair / replacement part! as this is an add on part to the carb. Other manufacturers that have used plastic fittings offer replacement parts or an after market part for the repair.
      Last edited by GarGar; 12-23-2017, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Ok, the fuel line hookups have been replaced. I used Briggs & Stratton hose connector, Part # 692317. After removing the old brass insert from the carbs, the holes have to be drilled out for the new part to fit. I also used some epoxy to make sure of a good seal. The new part is only a single inlet, so had to build a manifold in the fuel line using 1/4" barbed brass tees.
        I can now use my outboard again, time to go fishing.
        I hope this information can help someone. I tried to post a picture of the finished work. Good luck.
        Last edited by GarGar; 01-23-2018, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Great to hear, sometimes we just have to be a little mechanically inclined! Thanks for the update.
          Good luck on the water, pull in the good ones!

Comment

Working...
          X