Engine hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine hours

I have a 2009 DF250. I was told the hours are suppose to be 10% of the tachometer reading when first turned on. My DF250 tach stays at zero. Any suggestions? I believe the engine has about 230 hours of operation.

Originally posted by jnormandin View Post
    I have a 2009 DF250. I was told the hours are suppose to be 10% of the tachometer reading when first turned on. My DF250 tach stays at zero. Any suggestions? I believe the engine has about 230 hours of operation.
    Operating Hour Indication System Description
    Z9J0111101006
    When the ignition switch is initially turned “ON” (from “OFF”), the ECM tests the caution system by turning on all four
    lamps in the monitor-tachometer and sounding the caution buzzer for an initial two seconds.
    For the next three seconds, the ECM indicates the total operating hours, using a combination of the tachometer needle
    and “REV-LIMIT” lamp flash.
    NOTE
    The total operating hours displayed are those of the actual engine operation, not the ignition switch
    “ON” time.
    Monitor-Tachometer

Chart of Total Operating Hours Indication
    Monitor-Tachometer
    Total Operating Hours
    Needle “A” IndicationREV-LIMIT Lamp “B” Flashing*
    0 h – (49 h)No
    50 h500 r/min.
    No
    60 h600 r/min.
    ↓↓
    540 h5 400 r/min.
    550 h500 r/min.
    560 h600 r/min.
    1 time
    ↓↓
    1 040 h5 400 r/min.
    1 050 h500 r/min.
    2 times↓↓
    1 540 h5 400 r/min.
    1 550 h500 r/min.
    3 times↓↓
    2 030 h5 300 r/min.
    2 040 h or over5 400 r/min.3 times
    *: One lamp flash corresponds to 500 hours.

The chart didn't cut and paste as neat as I would have liked. Your tack should jump to 2300RPM to indicate 230 hours. Yours is not so I would suspect a problem with the communication between the tack and the ECM.

Comment

are you close to a dealer?
      dealers have a software program the will read all the parameters of your engine
      with any error codes it may have thrown
      the boat didn’t come with an hour meter?
      Art

Comment

Working...
      X