Shift actuator arm position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift actuator arm position

Hi i recently ran into a problem with the shift position sensor alarm after letting my boat sit for a month (after researching I'm hoping it's just low battery voltage). Anyways I disconnected the black shifting rod between the actuator arm and the actual gear case to clean and grease and be sure that the actuator arm was moving freely when I put the control in forward and reverse without it being connected to the gear case. All looked and worked great, smooth as could be. However when i put it back in neutral and turned it off to reconnect the shift rod, the actuator arm is now all the way forward and I cannot get it to come back to where it needs to be to connect to the rod. Any help? Fuse maybe? The actuator arm won't move at all now even with the engine on and putting it in forward/reverse/neutral.

These guys are plenty sharp and will fix you up. It would help greatly if you said the model and year.

Comment

Sorry, it's a 2016 200hp.

Comment

Can you find a rigging manual for your engine? Perhaps a/your Suzuki dealer can supply you with one.

Comment

that will be my next step I guess...was hoping someone had a little trick/solution to getting it aligned. I did find a fuse for the actuator and it's fine.
          Last edited by Bluewater; 12-18-2017, 01:53 PM.

Comment

I have just had the same problem, wanted to know if you managed to find a solution?

Comment

I ran into this problem yesterday. I ended up fixing it surprisingly. I took off the actuator and connected it to a car battery (by cutting the wire) I ran it back and forth until it lined up with the shift arm. Once lined up I then reconnected the wire adapter with electrical tape. Make sure you clip the wire back on the motor before reinstalling because the wire is short.

Also remember reverse polarity when hooking it up to the car battery. If you go to far one way then simply swap the negative and positive.

this method was used on a twin 300 Suzuki 2007 or 2008.

It had no problem syncing with the other engine.

Comment

Working...
              X