Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF300AP Over Heat Alarm That Started Immediately After Maintenance

Hello,

I have a 2013 Suzuki DF300AP (788 hours at time of maintenance) that's pulling an over heat alarm mostly at lower RPM's (trolling speed or when idling). I've NEVER had an overheat alarm until I had maintenance done and it overheated the first time I used the boat and every time since the maintenance. The mechanic isn't sure what's going on.

The maintenance done included water pump replacement kit, fuel & oil filters, spark plugs, oil change & filter, gear lube, all engine fuel filters (high & low), injector cleaner, & fixing the tilt relay that didn't allow the engine to lower.

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to find the actual engine temp at time of overheat on the SMIS gauges.

When the engine shuts down if you wait a minute it starts right up. Water flows out of the P hole.

Does anyone have any ideas I can relay to the mechanic?

Thanks, Mike

It sounds to me like there is something wrong with the water pump installation ...
    there is bushing at the top and bottom of the tube that feeds water to the engine.
    its not unheard of to have the impeller not put in correctly
    That would be where I would start looking

Comment

I checked the parts page to see if there is a sub-water cooling pipe/system, but not found, these parts pics don't show everything these days. But there is an exhaust plate and rubber grommet exhaust seal shown in "gear case" parts page. If you go back into the water pump, check both to see if damaged/burned (this might cause exhaust pressures to interfere with water pump)?

Or, thermostats bad? Or blockage in the water system, or possibly the water pressure valve is not working properly? Bad sensors?

Good luck, post back on what you find out.

Comment

Thanks all! I'll provide the above info to my mechanic. When the problem is resolved I'll respond to this post with stating the root cause of the issue.

Comment

I wanted to let everyone know the issue has been resolved. When the mechanic tore apart and inspected the water pump it revealed the stainless case sleeve had cracked. He said it wasn't cracked when he re-installed it. He re-used the existing case sleeve and then it must of cracked somehow on the first use after the maintenance. Thanks for everyone's input!

Comment

Thats one of the reasons why I always recommend that when servicing you use a full water pump service kit, not just the impeller. Any little imperfection in that cup/plate and there will be problems.

Comment

Working...
            X