Inner main jet carb question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner main jet carb question.

Hello all. Back again. Quick question regarding the main jet on a dt65, I will try to keep it simple.

Ive been emailing Suzuki .. Browns Point Marine all day to end up realising the sales guy was as useful as a handbrake on my boat. The Tit.

Anyway !! I have (as far as I know) model years 1989 - 1993 DT65. Cdi oil injection
    The numbers on side are 06502 012126. Tho not totally sure the year of mine is correct. (Someone told me )

I tried to order an inner main jet for inside carb and my luck, sales guy said the part for my year is discontinued (great news)

After a bit of research I found a diagram showing The DT65 years 1985 -1987 (the years before mine)
    According to the diagram the part looks the same.
    I emailed the sales guy to ask if that years Dt65 inner main nozzel would fit my Dt65. He told me " he doesnt have that information."

So I guess my question is. Are all dt65 inner jets / main nozzle the same. Can they be interchanged between years. The 1985 -1987 look the same to me, but dont want to order anything without knowing if it will fit. My model was in the next year group.

Whats strange is, they sell the older up to years 1988 nozzel, but not the years 89 to 93.
    Would there have been much of a change in the next year group.
    Can anyone give me any idea if the nozzels are the same.
    Part numbers Brown marine.for ref.

13235-95201*.... This one is off the 1985 - 1987. Dt65 The one I think may be the same.
    Discontinued part number
    13236-94740. Looks same in diagram.

Aslo the one off the DT55 looks the same.
    13235-94350. Some parts on DT55 can fit the 65. ???
    Would anyone know if the nozzels are different.
    I really hope someone out there knows what im asking.

Your dt65 model is a 1990. The main jet nozzle is the outer part # 13236-94760. The main jet is the small screw jet (part #09491-32012 still available) in the end of the nozzle. What part are you trying to find?

If you can't find your specific part (new), you might have to look for a used carb that was in good shape that you can purchase.

Best chance to find a used carb is to google your carb assy part number with item name. Request pics of used carb to make sure you're buying the correct one, or they may stick you with the wrong carb.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Solarman; 12-20-2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Hi thanks for your help. It's the outer jet im looking for. The bigger bit 13236-94760 the parts no longer available.
      Do you know if the earlier dt65 outer jets are the same size. Here is the one im looking at. 13235-95230.

Comment

Another thing. When I look at the diagram for the 1990. There seems to be another bit no 14 the upper nozzel 13237-94400. Idont see that upper nozzel on my carb. Just to confuse matters. Mine has an outer jet that slots over the little pin inside . No upper nozzel that I see.

Comment

Ok ive done a bit more research and I can see they still sell the nozzel for the DT55 . Part number 13236-94410. This is from the same years as mine. Does anyone know if that will fit the DT65.

Comment

There's no way of knowing if different part#'s will fit your motor without trying them. The main jet for your motor must screw into the nozzle, and the nozzle must screw into your carb, be the same length, diameter as your old nozzle. What is wrong with the old nozzle, again i ask you??

Stop making additional posts for same problems, we cannot post multiple times for same questions. Or follow multiple posts. STICK TO ONE POST, FOR ALL YOUR QUESTIONS!!

Good luck.

Comment

I"m not an expert but the main jets used it the DT55 and The DT65 are interchangeable, (But) the size of the hole or orifice is what makes more or less HP. the smaller the hole the less HP you will have.

Comment

When I was looking for parts for my carb cleaning job I found whole carburators for sale on EBAY. One new one for my 15HP was $100. I replaced the carb on my 8HP snoblower for $15 in similar fashion. Simple cleaning of my carb fixed me up but I did go through some spray cans before a long soak finally cleared my small jets.

Comment

on this web site. look at the parts page
                  there is a box for description or parts number
                  put your part number and there is a picture of your part
                  scroll down
                  it will tell you all the years and engine HP that the parts fits
                  that part # fits 1984 to 2000 and something like 40hp to 80hp models
                  Art
                  Last edited by artdf175; 01-28-2018, 12:00 AM. Reason: to complete post

Comment

Working...
                  X