07 df140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 df140

Hello, the other day while out fishing with engine idling alarm went off and motor shut off. No indicator lights came on. Engine would crank right back up and idle for about 30 minutes or so and repeat. Engine peeing fine and no warning lights on so what would it be. Would fuel/water seperator cause this to happen. Don't have a reliable Suzuki mechanic I feel confident with in my area and don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mate haven't got a crystal ball, need more imformation, If it runs alright when under way it won't be water in the fuel.

Comment

Yes it runs great, While we were drifting some natural bottom with engine in idle alarm would come on and motor would shut down. It would crank right back up and run for about 20 or 30 more minutes and alarm would go off and shut down. No warning lights on gauges come on and motor has strong stream coming from engine.

Comment

I recommend taking and have the computer diagnosed, that will pick up any alarm. Sounds like it could be a fuel problem.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

I also think it might be a fuel/water seperator issue but boat idle's fine and when u give it throttle it runs good without any hesitation. Could it be water pump issue as someone told me. I don't see how because it has strong stream and no temp alarm light comes on. No Suzuki mechanic in my area that I feel confident in letting service motor so trying to figure it out myself before I have to make long trip to get serviced.

Comment

Not likely a water pump issue.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Boats.net, what do you think it might be.

Comment

Could be low battery voltage, overheat or low oil pressure if alarm sounds.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Alarms just don't sound with no meaning behind them. What is the sequence of the alarm that's going off? That will at least give you a direction to go in.

Comment

Just a continuous alarm untill you turn key off and restart.

Comment

sounds like overheat shutdown

IMO my df 140 didn't like to idle too long or run wot, during the hot part of su
                      mmer. I overheated mine at the end of last summer and warped the head. My symptoms started as you described. Alarm and safe mode, idle. Until I finally saw water in my oil. My personal opinion is the check valve on the port side lifts too easily and does not supply enough water pressure. Extended warranty saved my tail, 8k.

Comment

did you find out what was the cause? I have a very similar problem.

Comment

Kiwi, stop posting old messages, and starting new posts. This isn't going to help you.

Comment

Working...
                          X