No announcement yet.

2003 DT 150 starting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The connections for the HP fuel pump are fairly easy to get to...A test meter will work but a 12v test light will give better indications...go to the autoparts store and buy any turn signal/stop light socket with the wires hanging down. Get the appropriate bulb and connect the wires to the engine harness where it meets the fuel pump..if the bulb lights normal bright...and the pump doesn't run...the pump is bad. If no light then something downline from the switch. You need a manual...I will check mine to see if its anything fairly simple

Comment

I know this is an old post but I'm having the same issue with my 2000 dt 150 efi if the engine stalls at idle won't restart but if you shut it down with key and in neutral usually starts right up but if you don't give it fuel immediately it wants to stall then hard to start without starting fluid any help would be great

Comment

Starting fluid is bad for 2 stroke motors, because it washes away oils needed for protections.

It is more helpful for you to read old posts to yourself, start your own motor thread giving your motor history/info, and explain your problems, when they started, and all you have done to correct what is wrong.

Even if seaox's problems sound similar, many times they are not.

Thanks, Good luck, post back when able.

Comment

I need help on a 2008 df300 that won’t start we have changed complete fuel system all fuses all sensors still won’t start but when I does it runs perfect u cut it off. It won’t restart again it’s random

Comment

On the main page look for a blue button “+New Topic” just above the yellow Sticky section.

Comment

Working...
            X