ECM / no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no spark/ ecm

Am with you ford guy... Everything getting extremely pricey these days.
    Can't believe you have 0 ohms on gear coil. Didn't you have fire on two coils?
    My situation was different, after my magnets ate my magneto, thought I had the answer. put my spare magneto and flywheel on and nothing... I did have the benefits of a second motor on my boat. Swapping parts was simple to find problem. Getting replacement, new parts big dollars, so I looked for used too. My spare magneto didn't look so bad, but no ohms on low cond coil, started pealing the coating off carefully. I actually pealed off about 3 yards of the small wire winding when I got continuity. Was shocked, but pieced it all back together and re-soldered, then taped the coil up. bolted back on the motor, and the damn thing ran. Ran as good as ever. About a week later a magneto popped up on Ebay, $140, am now running that magneto. But do have me a functional spare now. haha
    I hear your thoughts on replacing the motor, and 5 yr. Warranty (whatever that means?)... When searching for your part use the exact part number. Mine came up with phone number and was able to call.
    Keep your head up, something may surface, still strange - no ohms.

Comment

ecm/ no spark

Looks like this is a second thread of messages... Better check both threads for responses.

Comment

my error

Saw a second thread, but actually different page.

Comment

Working...
        X