1982 dt25 not idling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
    If this is true, some gremlins must have worked on your motor in the past. Sorry, it isn't fun to go through all of this. But, the reed valves play a serious role in two stroke motors. Let us know how it turns out.
    Good luck.
    will do solarman!! going to try and get a impeller today so i know for sure too.

Comment

so i fixed the gasket problem on the reed plate. got a new impeller all put together and idles not 100% perfect but i can get it into gear and accelerate (in a tank of course). now i have to post a new thread of should there be water coming from where the drive shaft is.

thanks for all input!!

Comment

dt25

If you mean, where the midsection and block (powerhead) bolt together?
        If yes, then the answer is no. you apparently didn't get good seal, and could have water going into the exhaust chamber as well. This is not good. If you mean somewhere else, please be specific. Did you use a new gasket?
        You will have to remove powerhead and replace the gasket. If any of the aluminum webbing is deteriorated, that will have to be repaired also.
        Good luck.let us know what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
          If you mean, where the midsection and block (powerhead) bolt together?
          If yes, then the answer is no. you apparently didn't get good seal, and could have water going into the exhaust chamber as well. This is not good. If you mean somewhere else, please be specific. Did you use a new gasket?
          You will have to remove powerhead and replace the gasket. If any of the aluminum webbing is deteriorated, that will have to be repaired also.
          Good luck.let us know what's up.
          everything is sealed around the powerhead. it will be coming from the water pump, i realized that it will be the water bypass there is a gap manufactured there.

Comment

dt25, 82, idling issues

Ok, then it sounds like you have it all worked out.
            Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X