no power to ingnition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no power to ingnition

Hello,i have a 2008 140 i have no power at the ignition switch nor at the trim button or guages, i have power to my rockers. I checked fuses they all have power in and out of circut.any help would be appriciated.
    Thanks

no power at switch & trim

Guess I would start by checking all battery connections, kill switch, and neutral switch. If you have a master battery switch, check that also.
    Let us know what you find.

Comment

would the trim button not work if it was the kill or nuetral safety switch. I have power if i trim it up from the engine.Ihave no power in accesory either.

Comment

Sounds like your not getting power coming up to the remote, it is sent up there thru a Gray wire as I, remember and then as Solarman mentioned check the Batt switch my HydraSports is notorious for faulty connection on that switch because of its location in the right rear

Comment

Originally posted by BillCon View Post
          Sounds like your not getting power coming up to the remote, it is sent up there thru a Gray wire as I, remember and then as Solarman mentioned check the Batt switch my HydraSports is notorious for faulty connection on that switch because of its location in the right rear
          You have lost the 12 volt supply from the battery through a fifteen amp fuse on a white wire not gray. The reason the trim button still works on the engine is because it gets its supply from the power relay, should find the problem easy.

Comment

My bad the gray is ignition, white is 12v, that explains why he doesnt have trim switch power either, could be fuse or batt switch then

Comment

I have power in and out of the fuse on the white wire,but nothing at the ignition or shift console

Comment

keep following it, I think it go's into a y piece then up the loom into your console it is the main supply to your ignition switch. I think you will find corrosion where it comes off the splice.

Comment

I will follow the white wire
                  Thanks

Comment

could not find any bad wires, called mechanic he says i have a bad harness and it needs replacement. He also said he is seeing alot of the harnesses going bad on suzuki's

Comment

if you cant find it yourself get an auto elect to find it not a mechanic, he will find the problem quick. the loom aint crook you have one wire inside it with no supply.

Comment

'08, 140, no power at helm

Redlowery is probably right, but if you want to make sure, get a piece of wire to test.
                        I'm guessing it isn't more than 25 feet from the battery to the switch, may be less? Go buy a length of 18 gauge stranded wire, enough to go the distance plus a few feet. Strip some insulation off the white wire at battery, and do the same at white wire at the console. Stretch the new piece of wire and connect at both points. If this test wire solves your problem, then Redlowery is right. The problem is the Y connector. That Y connector is usually under the console in all those taped up wires. Follow the white wire back from switch, it will join another white wire or maybe two, and then it goes back to one white wire. That connection where the white wires go back to the one main white battery wire is where your problem is. The factory taped it up well, and probably put a plastic cover over that connector too. Once you have exposed that connector it's an easy fix.
                        Good luck, tell us how it goes.

Comment

I never say never.. but I doubt it is the wiring harness
                          As redlowery mentioned.. and there have been a lot of differnent discussions on the forum with regards to the main white power lead off the battery switch that feeds the dash .. a splice back to motor and there is an inline fuse
                          I would take, one by one, the connections apart and re-do them
                          I did exactly what you have done and checked connections.. in my case it was the connection off the pig-tail from the battery switch.. the connector was holding the insulation only wire completing corroded out on the inside
                          art..

Comment

Working...
                          X