Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 140 Suzuki

Hi Guys have a problem
    Trim and tilt I can trim down on both motor trim and control trim but am unable to trim up.
    .Replaced trim control relay switch still will only trim down.
    .Disconnected motor trim control trim will still only go down.
    .All connection are clean.
    Anyone been through this.

Has it got a single relay or two individual relays.

Comment

df140, trim up issues

I had problems with trim up from console. My problem was a short 2” wire that had No continuity between the male plug end, and the next female plug connector.
      I think if you follow your wiring diagram to the point where your tilt switch on console and tilt switch on motor join together, before the relay, one of your connectors (male, female, or the ring connector on the relay terminal itself) will not have continuity. Check those wires and you should find your problem.
      Easiest way to find: find the color of your tilt up wire. Wire diagram, or by unplugging switch wires one at a time till identified. Then use a piece of test wire 16 - 18 gauge 3 feet long. Touch/ connect one end where your tilt up colored wire is connected at relay, the other end of test wire slide inside the plastic (touching the metal) on each of the plug connectors from the relay, one at a time, once connected, press the tilt up switch. If switch works, that segment of wire between test write has no continuity. If switch doesn't work, leave the wire at relay, and move the other end from plastic, and slide under the next plug connector plastic, then try tilt up switch again. When switch works, check console switch to make sure all works. Then replace the last segment of wire tested, our the connectors.
      Good luck, let us know.
      Last edited by Solarman; 10-11-2014, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys it is a single relay that dose both up and down, yes it most likely continuity strange tho the motor trim up stop working months ago then the control tilt up failed, when I find the problem I will let you know.

Comment

Have a look at your trim limit switch, it is probably stuck in the open position.

Comment

df140, tilt problems

Good point Redlowrey, forgot all about the trim sender.
            Sounds like maybe two problems. A bad/ or stuck trim sender, and/ or bad switch, and/ or wires between the sender, or switch and relay.
            Good luck, let us know what you find.

Comment

Hay guys
              Redlowrey you nailed it why do I keep telling my brain you must work from the simplest to the hardest but I always keep doing it the other way, the limit switch must have got a knock in a cleaning process. Still strange the motor trim up stopped working months before the control trim which I was relying on so when the control trim up went I just thought it was an escalating problem from the motor trim.
              Thanks guys for all your input ME HAPPY

Comment

Working...
              X