Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe-Mode problem

Greetings

I'm new to posting on the forum, but not new to forum. I have been reading and searching here for about a month. Great forum guys !!

Now to my problem. I have a 1999 DF70 TLX. It's operating in safe mode. I purchased it used about a month ago from a dealer in Baton Rouge.

It beeps about every 7 seconds, but no "check engine" light.

So for I have done the following:
    *Removed the exhaust manifold (to check water ports)
    *Replaced the thermostat
    *Replaced the pressure relief valve
    *Changed the water pump(with kit)
    *Removed the intake manifold to get to the VST, cleaned the little screen under the fuel pump
    *Changed the low pressure fuel filter
    *Removed and cleaned the High Pressure fuel filter
    *Thoroughly cleaned the throttle body

After doing these, connected engine to Suzuki diagnostic software and get one item:
    Failed item: Fuel injector
    Countermeasure: Check injector, connector and harness.

The plug that connects the the injector reads 6.53 volts with key in "ON" position.
    Each injector reads 13.9 ohms resistance.

Any and all help will be appreciated guys.

df70, 99, running issues

I might be inclined to look at plugs, see if all burning the same? Might help identify which injector could be the problem. also, look at each injector plug connector, if dirty or loose connection? Your manual might give a way to test each injector.
    good luck, let us know how it's going.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
      I might be inclined to look at plugs, see if all burning the same? Might help identify which injector could be the problem. also, look at each injector plug connector, if dirty or loose connection? Your manual might give a way to test each injector.
      good luck, let us know how it's going.
      Thanks for the reply Solarman.
      I have removed the injectors and fuel rail. The injectors "looked" fine. Cleaned them off with carb cleaner.
      I also performed several tests.
      I checked voltage at the plugs and I get 6.53v on all 4
      I checked the resistance and I'm getting 14.2 ohms on all 4

Comment

With the key in the on position, I would have thought you would see twelve volts on the wires at each injector connector and each injector. Sounds like you have a voltage drop on the voltage supply going to the injectors.

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
          With the key in the on position, I would have thought you would see twelve volts on the wires at each injector connector and each injector. Sounds like you have a voltage drop on the voltage supply going to the injectors.
          Thanks for the reply. I've been trying to find out what the reading should be

Comment

Working...
          X