v-6 dt 150 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki fuel pump check valve kit

Thnx Billcon. A number of owners here couldn't believe Suzuki didn't have a listing/ include in kit.

Comment

Most people search under Suzuki for the kits, but they will find there parts under "Mikuni searchs", these kits are good quality oem fit and include the 2 check valves that are the parts you need the most.

Comment

I wish i would have found that but I forgot that they were that brand name of pumps, but mercury seemed the right choice at the time
        I run it Tuesday , and omg did it fly , now I need to clean the pilot tube out for the speedometer it is clogged tight and suggestions

Comment

water pressure pilot

What pilot tube are you using that's clogged? The one on the motor? Or, do you have one mounted on transom? If on transom, swap to one on foot of motor.
          Or, you could up grade to a depth finder, something that gives GPS speed.
          Be careful of RPMs, should max out about 5500 rpms. If higher, you might need to change prop?
          Happy boating.
          Last edited by Solarman; 01-15-2015, 10:31 AM.

Comment

I, agree get the GPS with speed, its real accurate, I, run a 4 blade SS 14x22 and my GPS speed is 48 mph at 5500 rpms on an 17.5' hydrasports with the DT150 that is plenty fast for me as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

ok now I'm a poor redneck on a budget , I know there is dirt packed in the hole and I have tried the sir compressor and no good , any suggestions

Comment

If water pressure speedometer, can used the connector on your outboards foot, should have connector tube to attach to?
                Look at the front edge of your foot (lower unit), you should see a small hole. Above that hole is usually a small rubber tube that goes up. That rubber tube, and hole, was made for water pressure speedometers. Just connect to that tube, or buy a new piece for your type speedometer to fix your problem.
                Last edited by Solarman; 01-20-2015, 10:34 AM.

Comment

I found the hole and it is packed full of dirt and I have tried from the top to aveil

Comment

A thin piece of wire and work away at that tiny hole. Carefully.

Most times you can dislodge the dirt stuck in there. A little lubricating spray sometimes help soften it up too.

Give that a try, and they apply some gentle air pressure from the top again.

Comment

air

I tried the air and lube , didn't work

Comment

does anybody know if they make a trim gauge for the 150

Comment

I, have been looking all over the net and not found any still in production, I, have the same problem, none of the new trim gauges will work on the older motors, its the trim sender that isnt compatible with any made.

Comment

why is that , would you have to change the sending unit

Comment

dt150, trim gauge

Only thing I can suggest, is get your trim gauge part number and google it, with item name. It may be that you have to settle for used, but then again, there might be am updated version out there somewhere. Make sure they give pics, and that it came off a working motor. There are many marine dealers that part out older motors some will even guarantee it is a functioning part.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi glad your fix was good...a new pitot/water speedo kit is not very expensive and easy enough to install if the boats out of the water sadly they are mostly inaccurate. They also make a speed wheel for most depth recorders they are better. Could you clarify the low pressure fuel pump check valve repair kits. I have purchased the Suzuki repair kits and they do not come with the check valves, and that's what usually goes

Comment

Working...
                                X