No announcement yet.

v-6 dt 150 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you getting spark on those cylinders for the top carbs?

No you can't access the reeds unless you remove the intake manifold.
    something isn't adding up here lifetime? One post ”it's running better than ever”. The next few posts you're working on speedometer. Then replacing carpeting. What happened between all these posts, did you run it in the water? What RPMs were you running at WOT?
    I'm getting a pic, that you haven't told us everything?

Good luck.

Comment

I got it back from having it cleaned after I bought it carbs. And fuel pump kits and it run great til it started it needed to be idled down plugs were getting black . then I put a fuel separator on it and starting run 100% gas. Run great . then I changed the carpet and moved the hotfoot .I don't know I done something or not .after that it was reving up rear high. Then I thought I could get more out of the the carbs so I moved some of the linkage going to the carb . the bottom carb linkage brkt was loose so I bought a junk carb ,changed brkt and it still wouldn't idle down . I took it to Avins and they got it to idle to 1200 rpms but no less . i was told that the seal under the flywheel was leaking and it could be sucking air , so we changed it and we got it down to 1000rpms but when you put it into gear and give it the gas it bogs down . he put a rag to the top and second carb and it don't change the rpms at all . today he took the carbs off top and middle to see if stopped up . that is where I am to date. Now the mech said he got the carbs synced up that was Friday.I haven't talked to him today.
      Last edited by lifetime62; 05-16-2015, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I had run it between the posts some . maybe twice a week for 4 weeks

Comment

Talked to mechanic today . he put carbs Back together and run it still bogs down when he puts it in gear . he say the reeds looked good ,so I am back to square one. Anybody have any ideas

Comment

Then you should start by checking if spark related. When you move it into gear, are you getting good fire at all plugs. If spark is missing when going into gear, on any cylinders, then look for an electrical cause. If spark is good on all cylinders, is timing still good? Is tps working as it should?
            If electrical checks out good, then back to fuel system. Check filters, pumps and lines again.
            Did you check compression on all cylinders again, to make sure they are same?

Good luck, post back if you find anything.

Comment

i thought the same thing , I checked the spark I have good on all 12 plugs , the timing is set,
              we have the rpm's to 900 in idle , put it into gear and keeping steady pressure on the prime bulb it will run soso good , I have plenty of gas , I am running the 100% gas , have the fuel separator , I am going to change it just to see , I had thought about getting brand new fuel pumps and ordering the rebuild kits for the carbs and then see what it will do,

Comment

Lifetime, you can not give descriptions that say nothing ”soso good”?
                It's very difficult on this end trying to visualize what is happening on your motor, when using such phrases?

Might compare kits for rebuild from mikuni Web site for both, as far as more complete kits, and pricing? I don't think new fuel pumps is the answer, but I haven't cleaned and rebuilt them, so not sure if that is the problem? The carb kits could affect motor running if parts are worn, damaged?

Post back when able, let us know how it's going.
                Last edited by Solarman; 05-21-2015, 08:58 AM.

Comment

I understand I am just frustrated with it . the so so , I can't explain .it acted like it was trying to bog down and I smells d gas real bad . I brought it home yesterday and took it to the lake and took a long time to crank and when I put it in gear it just shuts down . the bulb is tight still it idled at 1000

Comment

I ended up taking the boat to marshall's marine in lake city and let them see if they could fix it . if not then I don't know what to do after that. Will keep y'all informed

Comment

We hear you.

Good luck. let us know what they find, and make sure you do a water test, to see if running the way it should.

Comment

I found after the fact that the mechanic at the other places e had no schooling at all and didn't know what he was doing ,just guessing , I got mad with the owner and showed myself cause he had it there for almost 4/weeks and was just trying different things and was going to charge me labor time . I hooked up to the boat and cussed him out and left . he called me yesterday and apologized . so I did some research and found marshalls and they said they would look at it .we see

Comment

Let's hope marshalls knows a how to check out 2 strokes. Still, once repairs are made find the nearest place to put it in for a test run. Should be a lake, or water way near by to test it. Ask them where you can test it.

Good luck.

Comment

They have a test lake in back of facility for testing . how cool

Comment

according to marshall marine , they said I need a powerhead and need the lower unit needs replacing , I can't find a power unit anywhere , any ideas

Comment

Did they say why the powerhead was no good? And the lower unit is bad? You told us it was running better than ever, until you moved the foot pedal for new carpeting, what happened?

If both of those are shot, you might as well buy a good used motor that runs.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X