No announcement yet.

140 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I obtained the audible and visual codes. It is 2 beeps/blinks followed by 3 beeps/blinks. Alternating back and forth.

Any insight will help.

Thanks

Comment

In my book for my df115 a 2-3 code is for failed IAT sensor.
      2005 Carolina Skiff DLX 2007 Suzuki DF 115 4 Stroke

Comment

More Confused

so I went back and really paid attention to the code. and I'm even more confused. so the audible sounds 2-3 but the flashing light flashes 3-2. (referring to the initial sequence after the key is turned in the on position)

I looked up the code and your right 2-3 is a IAT sensor
        and a 3-2 is a MAP 2 sensor.

Neither of which I know the remedy for or what the sensors look like.

PS. do I need to replace the tilt/trim sensor arm or is that a luxury item?

Comment

You'l need to replace the whole sensor, I think its a few hundred dollars. Also i think it would be unlikely to have both sensors go, MAP sen is on top of your manifold ,remove and clean . IAC valve prevents the engine from stalling when bringing the RPM'S back no neutral, both these items can be found on suzuki motor cars

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the insight. I'll clean the MAP and see if that clears the code, assuming the alarm is reset automatically. Or is there a process to clear the code?

If it still alarms I will buy the IAT.

Comment

I have the MAP sensor off. Whats the best way to clean it?

Comment

A map sensor 3.2 code is pressure detect, check and make sure the hole in the manifold where the map sensor bolts on is not blocked. What that means, when the engine is cranking over the ecu should be seeing a small change in the signal line voltage and it's not.

Comment

Clean the MAP sensor. The code reset and is running fine. Thanks for the insight.

Comment

Working...
                  X