df 250 eating IAC valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df 250 eating IAC valves

50 hours running time since I changed the suzuki IAC valves with new (Ebay aftermarket units ), Now one of these have failed again , so I replaced it with another new one and the problem is fixed again.
    So why are these engine eating the IAC valves.
    Is it because they are not genuine Suzuki parts.
    I'm baffled?
    Funny thing though, I went out to start the boat and replace the failed IAC, ( boat sat for 2 days) and the engine started and idled. Like the valve was overheated or something. I replaced it anyway.
    The valve still looks brand new and the port it fits into is perfectly clean ( its always been clean)????

Looks like my balls are safe, I cant believe you have not done a simple test and checked the valves before you replaced them. Hook up two leads with alligator clips on one end, and terminal clips on the other. Connect the positive to the terminal where the gray wire connects to the iac spade and the negative to the other, connect up the positive to battery + and touch the negative terminal with the clip on and off and you will hear the plunger retracting.

Comment

My IAC valve have six pins.
      Which ones do I use?

Comment

Any other help out there?

Comment

I thought your engine ran the same iac as the inline fours, they use battery voltage with a duty cycled ground. with that many pins on your iac it must have a stepper motor type set up and you need soft ware to drive the pintle in and out. I still don't think there is any thing wrong with your old ones.

Comment

Straycat

Ok I can tell you I had this issue and found that autozone carries these and they are used on a Suzuki xL7 suv. Good thing is that they come with lifetime warranty and are identical units wording and all. Used this one with no problems.

Comment

Can you give me the auto zone part #?

Comment

to the top

Comment

So are you unable to cross reference the part number on Auto Zone's website? I just did, and the part will cost over $200 at AZ, too. But it doesn't appear that you're worried about throwing money at the situation.

I was going to sit this one out, but what the hell, I'm willing to help you spend your money..... the AZ part number is AC4218. At least it'll get you off the top for awhile.
                  Last edited by Harper; 06-13-2015, 09:10 PM.
                  Mike
                  μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

eBay has them from $25-300!

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post
                      So are you unable to cross reference the part number on Auto Zone's website? I just did, and the part will cost over $200 at AZ, too. But it doesn't appear that you're worried about throwing money at the situation.

I was going to sit this one out, but what the hell, I'm willing to help you spend your money..... the AZ part number is AC4218. At least it'll get you off the top for awhile.
                      Well what would you do??, the ebay aftermarket parts solve the idle problem for about 30-50 hours, then it returns and I replace it with a warranty part thru ebay and it solves it again.
                      Must be these parts are cheap knock offs

Comment

Originally posted by straycatboat View Post
                        Well what would you do??, the ebay aftermarket parts solve the idle problem for about 30-50 hours, then it returns and I replace it with a warranty part thru ebay and it solves it again.
                        Well now, I seem to recall that I told you what I would do right at six weeks ago. You didn't appear interested in my advice then, and I've no more to give you now. If you're determined to continue throwing money at the problem, who am I to offer advice?

I mean, shoot, I've already got enough projects and challenges to occupy my time ....
                        Last edited by Harper; 06-14-2015, 11:43 PM.
                        Mike
                        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Seems to me that your situation requires either replacing the iac valves, on a regular basis, or finding out how to correct the problem that's causing your iac valves to go out. That's the two options you have.

Either way you choose to go, is your option. But I will say you have two motors, and I have never heard of so many problems with iac valves on any motors. Much less two identical situations on the same boat. I'd look seriously at having a qualified mechanic test your problems, because it doesn't seem to me that your present mechanic is solving the problem.

There are a number of individuals here, with ideas, but if you aren't open to their suggestions, then save yourself a goodly number of dollars, and take it to a Suzuki mechanic and get it fixed. You'll save more in the long run, and find out what's causing your issues.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by straycatboat View Post
                            ***wwww! You know you just can't know it all brother! My friend had the exact issue once on both his zuk 250s at about the same time (06/07 model yrs,400hrs or so on motors), bought el cheapo IACs on eBay at the for $70 each, had the motors re-propped to get higher rpms due to due carbon and that was 4 years now no issues! Non zuk parts aren't the problem here it's obviously another issue!
                            My IAC in my truck went out and it was on a TSB for a short due to wiring! I'm sure it's something else other than non zuk part!

Comment

OK,
                              Summarize what I should check.
                              I'll give you feed back on what I find. Step by step.

Comment

Working...
                              X