No announcement yet.

Suzuki C10 MFD on a 2007 DF300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy to tell that the system is up running with the 290 version of the interface. Connected to SIMRAD NSS7 I can see the interface under network and I get readings on the instruments page of the NSS7.
    The installation was pretty much straight forward thanks to the document created by Moonlighter:-)

Comment

Hi there, have had time to evaluate the engine interface. I see I have some issues with the trim indicator on Simrad NSS7 and also on the Simrad IS35 which is jumping up and down. Can this be because the 2 cables are not connected on the engine side or are this info coming through the interface together with the rest of the info?

Comment

Originally posted by ivestfold View Post
        Hi there, have had time to evaluate the engine interface. I see I have some issues with the trim indicator on Simrad NSS7 and also on the Simrad IS35 which is jumping up and down. Can this be because the 2 cables are not connected on the engine side or are this info coming through the interface together with the rest of the info?
        Does trim needle move up and down as you use the trim button to adjust? Eg does it work?

Have you calibrated trim using either the IS35 or NSS?

Comment

Hi there and thanks for the answer. Yes, the needle is moving correctly. when trimming using the buttons. No have done no calibration using the instruments, havent seen any instructions upon this unfortunately.
          Also, it seems that temperature oves up to approx. 25-30 degrees Celsius and stops.

Comment

Open the network device list and select the Suzuki device. You may have to select configure.

You should see the option there to calibrate trim. Do it.

Never heard of issues with temp readings.

Comment

Allright, trim calibration performed but still the numbers are jumping from 10% to 50, back to 21, them 75. Have gone through the cabeling and find no connection issues. The analogue instrument is stable and correct.

Comment

Disconnected the analouge trim instrument and conncected the 2 wire cable to the free connector on the Engine Interface cable and now the digital trim indicator working well. I will order plugs to make a T- conncetor to have the analouge gauge working as well. Dont know what happend to the temperature readings earlier, noe all seems normal. Thanks for the patience.
                BR Ingve

Comment

Originally posted by ivestfold View Post
                  Disconnected the analouge trim instrument and conncected the 2 wire cable to the free connector on the Engine Interface cable and now the digital trim indicator working well. I will order plugs to make a T- conncetor to have the analouge gauge working as well. Dont know what happend to the temperature readings earlier, noe all seems normal. Thanks for the patience.
                  BR Ingve
                  Thought some more and I do recall thatthe earlier engines didnt send trim data via the main harness and you have to use the 2 pin plug, as you have found.

I dont know if you can split the trim wires so that you can have both analogue and digital trim data. If you attemp that please let us know the results.

Comment

Have ordered the plugs and will try to make a T conncetor, will keep the forum updated.

Comment

Working...
                    X