Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for places to find parts for 1987 Suzuki DT 150 SSH

Hi Everyone,

I been having a rough time finding parts for my motor and was wondering if anyone had any places, sites, etc they would like to refer.

Thank you,

Paul

https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki/outboard-by-year

Comment

Any place that sells new motors may have a bone yard, may have used parts for removal/sale?

Good luck, post back when able.

Comment

y Thank you. I found a few things on that site. I'm looking for an oil pump. But they don't seem to have it for my motor. I'm trying to locate a manual as well. I think i found one but it doesn't say DT150ssh just DT150. So, i hope its the correct manual. The years match as well.

Comment

Solarman Trying to locate one in m area now. thank you for the advice. I'll let you know how I make out.

Comment

Not sure how this site works, but it offers your pump number?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...rPoiC9D7Gus0QP

Your pump part number shows as
            16100-88D20 oil pump, for the DT150SSH, and other DT150's & DT225's to 1994, and prior models. This means you can expand your search for other motors for this part (if looking for used parts, at scrap yards).

Good luck, post back when able to let us know what you find.

Comment

This site shows all the motors your oil pump was used on, so you can expand your search to include these motors for this part.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...AvJ6rDmRF278N4

You can Google part numbers plus a description like "suzuki outboard oil pump". Sometimes you can find them. But keep checking even on this forum for your past number.

Good luck.

Comment

Solarman Thank you, with that info I found and oem one for 30bucks on eBay.

Comment

Good to hear, hope all works out well.
                  *** Remember, do not run motor without oil and gas mixture, until you are certain oil pump is working properly.***
                  Your motor will smoke quite a bit, but the worst it will do is foul plugs with too much oil, then start diluting gas with half the previous mixture. Mark the oil tank to know how much oil is used.

Good luck, post back when able to let us know.

Comment

Solarman Just to make sure im getting what your saying: So, when i get the new part and replace I should add a 2cycle oil mixture straight into the normal gas tank? Then pay attention by marking the 2cycle oil reservoir by making a mark with chalk or something? Just want to be clear before I add oil in the gas tank. By the way the Suzuki DT150 ssh is on a 1989 Ranger 360v bass boat. Figured I'd add the boat just incase.
                    Last edited by MisterBegnoche; 08-17-2018, 05:43 PM.

Comment

That's exactly what I'm saying. Don't run motor at all if any chance oil pump is not working. Run motor on full 50/1 mixture to be safe.
                      After bleeding new pump, continue to run mixture, once you start getting excessive smoke, check plugs to know oil is at each cylinder, on plugs. Once you're sure oil is at each plug, cut mixture in half, watching mark on oil reservoir assures you oil is being used. Your motor may run a little rough, but it only takes a couple seconds to ruin a crankshaft or other bearings/surfaces if run without oil.

Good luck, post back when able.

Comment

Solarman I go out to replace the assembly take the oil reservior off and they sold me the wrong one. It was tabled my part number and motor too. but, i open it and they were different. back on the hunt.

Comment

Solarman I also notice that the same part for my motor is listed under: Part number 16100-87D10 https://avs-marine.com/parts/suzuki/oil/1610087d10/ . Is that because they may have changed part numbers later on? or multiple parts would work for that motor? because i found the part number 16100-87D10 but am struggling to find the 16100-88D20. If they virtually are the same part, I will order the 16100-87D10.

Comment

Working...
                          X