help no spark ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help no spark ????

I have 2 outboard engines both when i test for spark wityh my inline window type tester i have spark when the tester is attached to ground but when i attach it to installed plugs i have no sparke i have tried different plugs where do i go next./ they are points type older engines please am i missing something here ?

No spark on what?

We here cannot see what you have, and cannot put our hands on it. So a little more help could get you more help.

Post back when able.

Comment

help no spark ????

How can you tell if you have spark when the plug is installed. If it has spark when removed and tested , It will have spark when installed , that is if your H/T leads or power packs are sending a current

Comment

Originally posted by catacom225 View Post
        How can you tell if you have spark when the plug is installed. If it has spark when removed and tested , It will have spark when installed , that is if your H/T leads or power packs are sending a current
        You can have spark jumping across the electrode when the plug is out of the combustion chamber and grounded on the body, and not have any when the plug is installed. Without an oscilloscope you will not see it. This blokes problem could be as simple dirty points, you would need a lot more information before you could get an idea of whats wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X