No power to the fuel pump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power to the fuel pump.

I have a 2005 115 4 stroke. Engine won't start. New fuel, new plugs, spark to plugs, but I have no power to the fuel pump.

Chuck, thought someone more familiar with the 4 strokes would have responded by now.

If you have a manual, look up the relay for the fuel pump, check the connections to it, and hopefully one of the 4 cycle owners will step in shortly. Also, there may be an in line fuse associated to this relay.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Solarman; 07-07-2016, 07:33 AM.

Comment

The fuel pump gets it's supply from the main ecm relay as well as the ecm, coils, injectors, iac valve ect. You have spark so that tells me the relay is switching, pull the port side cover off and pull the ecm out the way you will see a joint connector with five or six gray wires in the plug, start there with a test light connected to ground. With the key on there should be battery voltage on all of them one goes to the fuel pump. If you are handy with a test light or multimeter you should find the problem in ten minutes. With the key on you should have battery voltage on both sides of the fuel pump connector, if you connect a test light to ground and touch the black and white wire it should light, keep the probe on the connector and crank the engine the light should go out if the ecu puts a ground on it.

Comment

Thanks!! I will give that a shot after work! I am having some trouble finding a manual for the Twin VEE. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
        X