2018 DF200A Rev Limit Alarm Flashes in Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 DF200A Rev Limit Alarm Flashes in Gear

i have a 2018 DF200A with 71 hours on it. When I slowly click it in gear the rev limit alarm lights once and beeps once. If I put it back in neutral it clears. If I put it in gear quickly and throttle it up the alarm does not sound. I was told this is water in the fuel filter on the motor but there is no water there. Does anyone familiar with these motors have any clue what this means? My manual says to consult your dealer if this occurs but they have no clue. Any help would be appreciated.

Are there no Suzuki mechanics that know what this alarm means ? I was initially told it was water in the fuel filter on the motor but this is not the case.

Comment

It could be a neutral switch problem. Out of position, or failing? Sounds like that?

Comment

That is the motor with a bad neutral safety switch in the shifter............Suzuki send me a new one and I have to replace it.........I was just wondering for sure if someone knew exactly what it was. I figured an alarm going off happens for a reason and there has to be limited number of things that trigger an alarm in a brand new motor.

Comment

Here is a vid from another forum but this is exactly what it happening.......sounds like it may be related to the Neutral Safety Switch. https://youtu.be/bXut8mxwEic

Comment

I am still shocked that no one has a clue as to what this means......I have a marina trying to contact Suzuki directly as their mechanics had no clue either.

Comment

Just got off the phone with a marine mechanic and he states that this may be due to a low voltage issue and recommended I put an isolator on the battery. Basically is it a "soft" alarm for low voltage and tends to occur if you run a lot of electronics that drain the battery. I'm gonna try this to see if it solves the issue but it does make sense as the alarm only starts going off episodically later in my weekend fishing trips.

Comment

My 2019 DF175 with less than 20 hours started alarming and flashing the Rev Limit light after the engine is warm and only when in gear at very low RPM, usually when I’m easing through a no wake zone. When I click it back to neutral the alarm goes away. It hasn’t alarmed when underway at higher RPM. Suzuki dealer also told me it must be water in fuel filter but he checked and there is no water. He lake tested but couldn’t duplicate issue since it only happens occasionally. He asked me to video it next time. Glad to see the topic being discussed here though.

Comment

I have been told this is a low voltage issue but no answers yet.

Comment

I had the marina download the computer data and interestingly it states the motors were over revved which I can assure is absolutely not the case....they have no clue.

Comment

I like the low voltage theory It has been documented on this forum that low voltage will throw weird alarms. What if, and this is a big what if, your voltage is borderline, you shift into neutral the revs. increase slightly, just enough to satisfy ECU alarms go away. Idle along in gear and the alternator is not supplying enough voltage to the battery to satisfy the ECU?

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post
                        I like the low voltage theory It has been documented on this forum that low voltage will throw weird alarms. What if, and this is a big what if, your voltage is borderline, you shift into neutral the revs. increase slightly, just enough to satisfy ECU alarms go away. Idle along in gear and the alternator is not supplying enough voltage to the battery to satisfy the ECU?
                        I agree - it may or may not be the core issue, but there is certainly nothing to lose by cleaning all battery connections, main fuses/holders, white wire connection and fuse/fuse holder, master battery switch connections and, last but not least, having the battery load tested or at least fully charged up.

Comment

All the wires and battery connections are clean and new but I am installing battery isolaters to separate all the electronics from the starting batteries as well as the radar.

Comment

I am surprised that of all the suzuki mechanics, dealers and techs I have consulted on this that not one person has any idea whatbthis alarm is or where to look. What I find interesting is that the motor download does show the rev limit alarm coming on but the part that bothers me is I know for a fact that in the 200 hours of running these motors have NEVER been over 5000 rpm.

Comment

Update......not one dealer or Suzuki mechanic has a clue.....this is getting annoying and im thinking about asking that the motor be replaced under warranty.

Comment

Working...
                              X