Interchangeable???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interchangeable???

I've got an old DT50 longshaft 1980 G model. The white and blue ones with a broken gearbox. I found a gearbox but its to far from where I am to go and see if it works.
    I need to be sure before I buy and get it posted. None returnable........

Question now -Can I use the newer DT50 model, the grey/silver ones with the blue vinyls, gearbox on mine? I don't have the serial or precise year model on
    the silver and blue one but according to a sales agent its the one released just after mine.

I'm attaching pictures as to all the measurements I've done so far and the only difference I can see except one water guide fin on the newer model, is 1cm ( 10mm )
    difference in the trunk length. Both motors are long shafts just the 1cm difference in the trunks.

Are these gearboxes interchangeable? can I swap out the one with the other? and is there any difference I need to know about that will not make this possible?

IMG_20190827_122327.jpgIMG_20190827_123523.jpgIMG_20190827_122541.jpgIMG-20190827-WA0002.jpgIMG-20190827-WA0003.jpg
    Attached Files

To be 100% sure you need year and HP of both lower units then you can look up one of the parts on this web site, scroll down once you have one part number it will tell you all the models that the part will fit. It’s unfortunate you can’t get the details from the replacement part(part number)

https://www.boats.net/product/suzuki...95036f3dfe5733

Above link is for illustration purposes

Comment

Look up your new gear box part number (for your 1980 motor), then scroll down and see if your parts were same/used on the next three years of dt50's (hopeful that the one you're looking at, is within three years newer). The lower unit case must be used on the next three years, or it might not bolt up on your motor. Check multiple parts on your motor, prop shaft, drive shaft, to compare if those parts are also used on the next motors.

Best of luck, it is better to know the actual year the other parts are from.

Comment

Mine is the 1980 DT50 (50Hp) and the newer one I'm not sure about the year but its also a suzuki 50Hp. Some people call both of these DT50? is this correct? According to a few people the grey/black/silver one in the pictures is the follow-up of the blue and white motor that I have. I'll use that site you suggested and check some of the part numbers thanks. Still has someone done this before, does anyone have some experience with this? I'm waiting on pictures with measurements on the newer gearbox but planning paying for it before I collect to insure they keep the box for me.

Comment

Okay so I went ahead and got the lower unit. It fits! Busy cleaning the box and servicing the whole motor while I'm at it. Thinking of redoing the wiring because it looks a bit messy to me and some of the wiring is old and corroded. Does anyone have a wiring diagram on a Suzuki DT50 for me?

The only one on the internet I can find is to small to make out the wording and descriptions. When I try to zoom it blurs. Anyone mind to share??

Comment

I’d suggest you get yourself a service manual, the engine is going on 40 years young, got a feeling you might be referring to it occasionally.

Comment

I downloaded a 3 page service manual and the micro-fiche full manual. Want to get the old thing looking the best it can. Just cant seem to find the correct wiring diagram.

Comment

Can someone maybe help me out with a wiring diagram please?

Comment

You might "google" a 1980 suzuki dt50 service manual. There might be someone out there that has one for sale.

Or, maybe you could Google a wiring schematic for your year and motor?

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X