Suzuki Lower Unit Oil Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Lower Unit Oil Price

Just priced out genuine Suzuki lower unit oil in small town northern Saskatchewan, $22 for 400ml. tube, works out to $55/Litre Canadian $. Anyone have an idea why it’s almost 3 times more expensive than the competition?

Hypoid gear oil in the correct weight, who cares. It has to be gear oil, not regular motor oil.

Comment

The rest of their lubricants and parts are competitively priced I was just wondering if Suzuki has some additives that the competition doesn’t have.

Comment

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...l-43p74579.htm

$9.46 a Quart

Comment

Thanks D’oh999, I get jambed up with the Transportation of Dangerous Goods, any and all liquids are considered dangerous goods without pre-approval.

Comment

Murray, what dealer were you at. I was just in Laronge on Friday. Is this where you are at? If so, I can check around to see if that oil really is that high up there. I do know that diesel was $5gal and some change! lol

Comment

Turn on your Private Message

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post
                Just priced out genuine Suzuki lower unit oil in small town northern Saskatchewan, $22 for 400ml. tube, works out to $55/Litre Canadian $. Anyone have an idea why it’s almost 3 times more expensive than the competition?
                from Amazon the Suzuki brand is basically $20 a quart vs Quick Silver at about $10 Quart
                why twice the price???
                I have used the Quick Silver for 30 years

Comment

turned on.

Comment

Originally posted by artdf175 View Post

from Amazon the Suzuki brand is basically $20 a quart vs Quick Silver at about $10 Quart
                    why twice the price???
                    I have used the Quick Silver for 30 years
                    Me also, Quick Silver HD, more anti corrosion additives than normal Hypoid Gear Oil

Comment

Originally posted by tcsyd1 View Post
                      Murray, what dealer were you at. I was just in Laronge on Friday. Is this where you are at? If so, I can check around to see if that oil really is that high up there. I do know that diesel was $5gal and some change! lol
                      Tried to PM you, still get an error message that your PM is turned off. I too use Mercury LU oil it’s only $20/Litre. I like to support the local business but with a price difference of more than 100% I’ll run Mercury LU oil. The purpose of this post isn’t too bash the local dealer but rather find out if Suzuki LU oil is twice as good as the competition. I did notice that the tubes have English and Japanese writing on them(no french) so I’m guessing the oil is packaged in Japan and possibly refined in Japan so maybe the higher cost is due to shipping cost? Suzuki’s Marine Engine oil is made in the US and their engine oil for ATVs and motorcycles is made in Canada, both are competitively priced compared to OEM oils.

Comment

try that Murry, I think i got it.

Comment

I have used whatever 80-90 gear oil I have on hand for the last 50 years never a problem. Only exception was the OMC electro shift they had their own oil.

Comment

Working...
                          X