2007 Suzuki DF30 Overheats at Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Suzuki DF30 Overheats at Idle

Electric start. Tiller handle. Runs great otherwise.

At idle it overheats and goes into limp mode. Turning it on off and then back on buys some more time before it goes into limp again.

I figured it could be a bad impeller not pumping enough water through at low RPMs. But the thing is ... when I feel the water coming out of the p-hole it is not even warm, much less hot. What am I missing?

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry ... its a 2017

Comment

Thermostat plugged, pull it out & look?

Comment

64EBD310-625A-4AC4-A457-934DAC7B4247.png
        A screen shot from my 2009 DF90A, as far as I can tell with this flow chart the “pee hole” water only means the impeller is spinning and water is getting to the engine holder. It would make sense that the pee hole water is cold since the water hasn’t passed through the cylinder block or cylinder head yet. Your cooling system might be different than mine since it’s a different model and year. A blocked thermostat as tuturm has suggested, or any blockage downstream of the engine holder would fit this flowchart.(build up of corrosion in the water jackets) Hope this helps.
        Attached Files

Comment

I haven't looked at the thermostat. I've never had trouble with one before. Guess I should. Hope its not too big of a pain in the ass.

Comment

This thing still has a warranty on it ... I just figured this out. I'm gonna carry it into the dealer and let them deal with it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X