Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF6 If i don't run it arround 3-4 weeks, exhaust valve is jamming

Hi guys,
    I have long shaft 2017 model DF-6 engine. If i don't use it more than 3-4 week, exhaust valve is jamming. After than, i open the valve house and release it manually and than starts to run without any problem.
    Next 3-4 week without run, same problem is occured. Is there any idea or solution for that. And i'm sorry for my poor English.

is it sticking open? If so it probably has carbon build up/rust that holds it open. I would remove & disassemble the head & check it out. If valve stems are carboned up remove the valves & wire wheel them clean.

Comment

This motor should still be under warranty? Might take it back to dealer every 3-4 weeks to find out why.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions. Service says that the main reason when the engine in tilt position, if the exhaust valve is open the sea water vapour goes into cylinder and occuring small oxidation on valve. He suggest when I keep it in tilt position, firstly pull the rope until compressing position. It means exhaust valve should be completely close position and impossible to get heavy humidity air inside of cylinder block.

Comment

Working...
        X