Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Question 1986 DT30

Hello Everyone,

I think this is a dumb question but then there are no dumb questions....

I have a 1986 DT30 Twin Cylinder 2-stroke. I am doing a carb clean. My question is:

The "air jet" that is positioned at the top of the carb body.....should there be an opening at the "screwdriver slot" into the lower portion? I would think so....but after a day or so of soaking I cannot open a passage here. Maybe there is no passage in that area?

See my pictures:
    Thanks!

Pilot-Jet.jpg
    Attached Files

Probably does not have a hole to the atmosphere if you can't push a FINE wire through by now. Get a flashlight & a magnifying glass & take a look

Comment

No. There is no hole. That is a fixed size jet that screws down snuggly, and has a hole through the sides allowing a certain amount of air to get through. The air adjustment is made by #4 (I think that is what your drawing says.), the air mixture screw.

When cleaning carb, it is very important to blow compressed air through all of the holes in the carb body, and throat. Don't push wires through any holes. Air pressure after soaking is the best/ safest method of cleaning all the tiny air and fuel pas-sages, also the jets.

Set the air mixture screw #4 by the manual for your motor, then don't adjust it again. After long idling your plugs should have a light tan color. This jet is only used during idling to about 800 to 1000 rpms.

Post back on any other questions. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X