2006 DF90 MAP sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 DF90 MAP sensor

Just found and joined the forum. I am getting a check engine code of 34. This indicates a problem with the MAP sensor. Before I purchase a new one, my question would be is there anything
    I can do to the old one to get it working? Can it be cleaned? Looking for options.

Thanks in advance

From a 2009 DF90A image_1789.png
    Attached Files

Comment

Can’t seen to get screenshots large enough to read. Send me a PM with your email address and I’ll forward 2 screenshots from my manual

Comment

Thanks Murray, I tried to send a PM, but it said my PMs were turned off and I can't find where to turn them on. My email is cmike357@gmail.com.

Comment

Scroll all the way to the top and on the right hand side you should see your name, I believe that’s where you can make changes. Email sent. Good luck

Comment

Data sent is for a 2009 DF90A, might not be the exact same as your 2006 but it will give you a starting point

Comment

Here is a link to a DF90-140 service manual, covering 2002-2010 models, should help you out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlj6fluwnb...email.pdf?dl=0

Comment

Ok, I have checked the manual and decided to remove the MAP, to check it out. Of course I didn't see any obvious problem. Reinstalled and when I cranked the engine it was throwing a 32 code, which is also a MAP issue. Read some more about what it does, removed it again and used compressed air in the small hole on the manifold. Reinstalled and it is throwing a 34 code again. I'm thinking I have a bad MAP. Can anyone think of something I'm missing? Trying everything before I drop over $200 on a new MAP.

Comment

The map sensor is a simple three wired sensor that converts manifold vacuum into an electrical signal. The computer uses this varying voltage so the injectors can inject the correct amount of fuel and correct ignition timing for the engine to operate, probably the most important sensor on the engine.

The sensor is simple to test, you just need a bit of electrical knowledge and a vacuum pump, 90% of map sensor failures have nothing to do with the map sensor it is a wiring or an engine fault.
                  If you can use a digital multimeeter I can help you.

Comment

Thanks redlowrey, I found out that this same MAP sensor is also used on some automobiles. I found the same part number online for $18. It should be in the first of the week. If the new one doesn't fix the problem then I may be hitting you up for some help. Thanks.

Comment

Success, I got my new MAP sensor in today and installed. Check engine light off and it runs fine, at least in the driveway. See previous post about purchasing the sensor. Saved a bunch of money.

Comment

Working...
                      X