Hi all new member needs help bad please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all new member needs help bad please

Hi all. I just got a pontoon with a 2000 Suzuki 50 hp 4 stroke that will instantly hit and fire up but it instantly dies? Hi I have a 2000 Suzuki 50 hp 4 stroke that will instantly fire up but instantly dies then won't restart until I wait a bit? I pulled fuel line off elec fuel pump out and I hold finger hard over end and it still squirts past finger? I'd guess around 30-50 lbs pressure? Just guessing. I can't find a check port to connect pressure tester? I just got pontoon with this prob. Can u head me in any direction? I'd think that it has plenty of pressure being a car mechanic for over 30 yrs? Any help really appreciated?

do you have any idea how long since it was last used?
    Since you have good mechanical skills get a full Suzuki service manual
    with the little information provided it's a little tough to even think about the various things that might be present here.
    Art
    Last edited by artdf175; 05-19-2020, 01:05 AM. Reason: not finished!

Comment

Last summer it was used and they as they had it winterized?

Comment

Is there any place online I can download a service manual?

Comment

My previous post is “Unapproved” must not have liked the link. Google selffixer dot com. I offered 75% of their asking price and was accepted.

Comment

There is a service manual sticky at the top of this forum listing that should help you.

Jim

Comment

Found a manual but it still didn't help, it just as to check everything IV already checked? I'm newer to outboard start procedure, on the key part it says push while cranking to choke? It's fuel injected? Why it need choked? Then on top behind throttle shifter handle there's a lever that lifts up? Maybe I'm just not doing anything right? Any ideas? Do I just turn key and it should start or do I have to do something else too? It fires right up for bout 2 sec then dies right away? Before I could wait a bit and it would do it again,now it won't? Til like next day? I know I have 35 psi press out of hi press pump. I know I have fire at plugs, and I'm pretty sure I have plenty compression but to be possible I'm looking for my comp adaptor. This has me confused? Lol

Comment

When I got my df50 it had been sitting, not sure for how long, would start then die out. Replaced all filters, found the valve off the tank and the connector going into the motor clogged with gooey white crap, made the fitting from tank straight thru, replaced other fitting, much better but still a problem. Per someones advise on here put a can of seafoam in a 1.5 gal can with gas and connected the fuel feed from the motor to that can and ran it thru, no more problem. hope this is of some help/

Comment

Thank u! I'll try that

Comment

How’s the fuel condition? If the fuel was old last year and it sat last winter you might have old stale fuel that may have separated.

Comment

The owner had emptied gas last yr in tank but he didn't drain the part that has the fuel pump in it. So I took intake off yesterday and am going to look at float and pump today?

Comment

Don’t know if your VST tank is the same as mine but I have a small Phillips screw at the very bottom for draining the VST. In your case not knowing the history of the engine probably a good idea to open it up and have a look, clean and check float and needle value and seat. There might also be a high pressure pump filter, looking at the parts diagram it appears your filter is external.

Comment

[QUOTE=Murray;n55247]Don’t know if your VST tank is the same as mine but I have a small Phillips screw at the very bottom for draining the VST. In your case not knowing the history of the engine probably a good idea to open it up and have a look, clean and check float and needle value and seat. There might also be a high pressure pump filter, looking at the parts diagram it appears your filter is external.

I took the vst and intake off and in bottom of the vst tank was full of gelled pieces of our old lovely stuff they sell us as gas! I dumped it all out and cleaned tank. I'm gonna replace the pump and regulator while I'm here. I found the pump but can't find a regulator ? Anyone know where I can get a reg for. Decent price? I take that back I did find one but that tiny little thing was 150 bucks? The newer eng regulators are 40!

Comment

Ok everything is new and working, hAd cam sensor code so put new one and got rid of that code. Now it cranks and never fires! I have 36-40 psi at injectors. If I spray either or whatever into intake it starts right up? Only thing I can think is the ecm? That would suck big time! I checked fuses and they are all good! I'm getting ready to dynamite it!!!! Please help

Comment

Originally posted by Chaddy View Post
                              Ok everything is new and working, hAd cam sensor code so put new one and got rid of that code. Now it cranks and never fires! I have 36-40 psi at injectors. If I spray either or whatever into intake it starts right up? Only thing I can think is the ecm? That would suck big time! I checked fuses and they are all good! I'm getting ready to dynamite it!!!! Please help
                              I don't think those early df 50 have an iac valve and you have to lift the warm up leaver to open the throttle to start the engine, pull the cover off the throttle plate and lift the leaver up and make sure that it will open the throttle.
                              Can you use a voltmeter to do some voltage tests, if you can that will be good, I want you to check that the computer is grounding the injectors when cranking the engine, and check what the voltage drop on the coolant sensor is with the key on.

Comment

Working...
                              X