Df30atlw2 engine interface cable where do I plug in the ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df30atlw2 engine interface cable where do I plug in the ends

Okay so I’m trying to hook up the c10 gauge to my brand new df30atlw2 there are 2 connectors on the interface cable one male 4 prong and one female 2 prong and I assume both plug into the outboard. I have already setup the nmea network and I have power to the c10 gauge.

I plugged the male 4 prong into the female 4 prong from the outboard that went to the 3 lights on the back of the outboard, but that didn’t work. I can’t find anywhere to plug in the female 2 prong in the outboard. Can anyone help me. In the picture the two connectors in my hand are the ones from the engine interface cable. Please help, thank you!
    Attached Files

Find the SDS plug on the outboard - Its the one that is used by the tech to connect the laptop to test the engine using the diagnostic program. It is usually held in a small rubber holder near the ecu. You will most likely find that it is a small 4 pin plug of the wrong s e x to plug directly into the interface cable, and you will then need to get the SDS adapter cable

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...S-38p63581.htm

You should get trim data without needing to connect the 2 pin plug, but if you dont, the plug will already be connected to the harness so you have to find it, unplug from the harness and connect it to the interface cable. If you can find the trim sender unit you should be able to trace the wires and find the connection involved.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response! I was going insane trying to figure this out. I saw the male 4pin in the rubber boot, but had no idea I would need another cable. Excited to get this wrapped up

Comment

Okay I ordered the part, but when I talked to the guys at browns point they told me that I would need part 36660-89L02 and the cable that you had suggested would not work because it’s rated for the df40 and up. Is this correct or do you think the part you suggested will work?

Comment

Havent seen that part before but yes, it appears to be correct.. go with Brownspoint advice.

Comment

did you get this to work? i have a 21 df30athl, bought the engine interface cable, and couldnt find a place to plug anything in.

Comment

My advice to the previous guy still applies.

Comment

Thanks! Looks like they changed the part number, but I think I found it. 36660-89L03

Comment

Hold the horses!

That adapter cable 36660-89L03 is for the new SMG4 digital gauges. Not for C-10. Different operating system for the two gauges. SMG4 doesnt use the interface cables.

C-10 as far as I am aware uses the standard SDS adapter cable. That may be why the previous poster didn’t reply back.

You might email Brownspoint Marine to discuss what is needed, George there is very helpful and usually responds quickly.

Comment

Hmm. I don't have a gauge, just a Garmin 93sv plus. Will it work?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrveedo View Post
                      Hmm. I don't have a gauge, just a Garmin 93sv plus. Will it work?
                      Please read the “Sticky” thread in the top section of this forum about Suzuki networks. It explains how to do what you want.

Comment

Yup, seen it and thanks for the work. Maybe I missed something. Bought the Garmin nmea kit, and the Suzuki engine interface cable. Didn't realize I needed the extra connector for df30a.

Comment

Yes needs the SDS adapter cable. Connect the adapter cable to the SDS plug on the engine, then the interface cable plugs into the other end.

eg SDS PLUG - SDS adapter cable - Interface cable - network T.
                          Last edited by Moonlighter; 08-26-2021, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Any idea why they're listing a a separate p/n for up to df30?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrveedo View Post
                              Any idea why they're listing a a separate p/n for up to df30?
                              The harness adapter part for the smaller engines is specifically for use ONLY with the SMG4 gauges. SMG4 gauges do not use interface cables. They require a specific harness depending on the engine that they are connected to. A different harness for small engines, for mechanical control engine and for fly my wire models.

And those harnesses are NOT RELEVANT for use with the Suzuki engine interface cables.

Here is the link to Brownspoint’s page where the Engine interfaces and associated cables are listed. Only 1 SIMS to SDS adapter is listed there.

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...Cables-c38.htm

This stuff can be confusing for the uneducated and those who ask apparently innocent questions without knowing how the systems work, because Suzuki has 2 totally different gauge systems.

1. The original Engine Interface based system that first used the round SMIS gauges that were clones of the Lowrance LMF gauges, and later the C-10’s that are clones of the Simrad IS35 gaues. The interfaces can be used with those gauges OR they can be used direct to various displays such as your Garmin.

2. the newer SMG4 gauges that dont use interface cables. With this system, if you want to get engine data onto your Garmin or any other chartplotter/MFD you must first have a SMG4 gauges connected to each and every engine on your boat. Eg twin engines = 2 x SMG4’s, triple engines = 3 SMG4’s.
                              Last edited by Moonlighter; 08-26-2021, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X