Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Suzuki DT225

Hello everyone!

New here and looking for assistance, as everyone else is.

So Ive become a foster parent of I believe a 2000 DT225, with a 30inch shaft. Problem is lower unit is cracked from previous owner, and i found a metal shard poking out of the outer gasket behind the prop.

I did some quick googling and couldn't easily find a lower unit for this year. I believe if i can just find a good condition lower unit i can swap the shafts and internals(what ever it is, and of course full new gasket kit.)

This is my first time tinkering with an outboard but ive rebuilt dirt bikes and have a decent understanding of the machine. Any input or advice would be awesome, also any leads on a lower unit would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Thomas

As far as parts go if you scroll up to the top and select “Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts” select your year and engine and pick a part that would be common in a lower unit, below is a link for your engine’s gear case. If you scroll down to the bottom there is a list of various models that share common parts.

https://www.boats.net/product/suzuki...0b90433a5f8536

Comment

Hi Thomas,
      I too am (relatively) new to Suzuki DT225 as last year I adopted a pair of DT225's that came with a 28 ft Proline Walkaround. Look around Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. If you are patient you will find a used lower unit and maybe an entire parts motor like I did hopefully for a reasonable price. In all my searching I did not see any 30 inch 225's ... they were all 25 inch, but if you are willing to take your lower unit apart and find any other good lower unit, then you should be able to swap out the shafts. Or depending on your boat, maybe you can use a 25 inch lower unit. Good luck and do post back on how/what you do wind up doing.
      Best,
      -Izzy

Comment

Make sure of your model and year first (don't need to search for one then find out, you have a different motor), then Google a good used lower unit for your year Suzuki dt225 30inch outboard lower unit.

Can also Google the other motors listed from your parts list as Sirlzzy mentioned, but be fore-warned, other lower units might come with slightly different gear ratios than yours, just saying the other motors might have different gears, but still fit.

Good luck, post back on what you find out.

Comment

Working...
        X